Bach musical classic in Salthouse church
A musical classic by Bach will be performed by the Kelling Consort, orchestra and soloists on Good Friday.
The concert of Bach's St John Passion will take place in St Nicholas' Church, Salthouse, on Friday, March 29 at 7pm.
It has been directed by Angela Dugdale and tickets for the event cost £12.
They can be bought from Holt Computers or Salthouse Old Post Office and proceeds from the sales will go towards the Friends of Salthouse Church.
The Passion was first heard on Good Friday 1724 in St Nicholas' Church, Leipzig, where Bach directed his church choir and orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the audience are invited to join in singing in the chorales as the congregation did in Bach's day.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?