Bach musical classic in Salthouse church
A musical classic by Bach will be performed by the Kelling Consort, orchestra and soloists on Good Friday.
The concert of Bach's St John Passion will take place in St Nicholas' Church, Salthouse, on Friday, March 29 at 7pm.
It has been directed by Angela Dugdale and tickets for the event cost £12.
They can be bought from Holt Computers or Salthouse Old Post Office and proceeds from the sales will go towards the Friends of Salthouse Church.
The Passion was first heard on Good Friday 1724 in St Nicholas' Church, Leipzig, where Bach directed his church choir and orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the audience are invited to join in singing in the chorales as the congregation did in Bach's day.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer