Aylsham railway bank holiday event
Norfolk's longest narrow gauge steam railway is set to put all its stock into action for a special event taking place over the May bank holiday.
During the Everything Goes weekend, taking place from May 28- 30, all available locomotives, coaches and rolling stock will be in action at
Bure Valley Railway based in Aylsham.
There will be a special intensive timetable in operation throughout the weekend to allow visitors the opportunity to see as many different locomotives as possible at work over the nine miles between Aylsham and Wroxham.
To keep younger visitors entertained there will a competition on the train journey, with a free prize for every correct entry.
You may also want to watch:
The workshop at Aylsham will be open throughout the weekend and staff will be on hand to answer any questions.
Train fares allow unlimited travel on the day of issue. Children under five travel free.
- 1 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 2 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 5 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 6 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 7 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Have your say on bid to improve North Walsham town centre
- 10 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village