Aylsham railway bank holiday event
Norfolk's longest narrow gauge steam railway is set to put all its stock into action for a special event taking place over the May bank holiday.
During the Everything Goes weekend, taking place from May 28- 30, all available locomotives, coaches and rolling stock will be in action at
Bure Valley Railway based in Aylsham.
There will be a special intensive timetable in operation throughout the weekend to allow visitors the opportunity to see as many different locomotives as possible at work over the nine miles between Aylsham and Wroxham.
To keep younger visitors entertained there will a competition on the train journey, with a free prize for every correct entry.
The workshop at Aylsham will be open throughout the weekend and staff will be on hand to answer any questions.
Train fares allow unlimited travel on the day of issue. Children under five travel free.
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 4 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 5 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 6 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 7 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 8 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 9 'Rainbow of rhodies' puts on stunning display at Sheringham Park
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles