TV weatherman to switch on market town’s Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
A television weatherman will do the honours at a north Norfolk Christmas lights switch-on.
Chris Page from ITV will turn on the lights at Aylsham's Market Place during the town's festive event on Friday, November 29.
Starting from 4pm, activities will include games, crafts, street food and a Christmas tree festival in Aylsham Parish Church.
Children from Aylsham area schools will do dancing and singing performances, and there will be a Christmas market in the car park of the Black Boys pub.
Santa will be in the Eclipse Hair Studio on Red Lion Street from 4.30pm, and Pirate Joe will be live on stage. The lights will go on at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Page, a meteorologist, joined the ITV News Anglia weather team in December 2017.
Other Christmas events in the region include a switch-on, street party and fair in Mundesley on Sunday, November 24 from 3pm to 6pm.
- 1 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 2 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 5 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 6 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 7 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Have your say on bid to improve North Walsham town centre
- 10 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village