TV weatherman to switch on market town’s Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
A television weatherman will do the honours at a north Norfolk Christmas lights switch-on.
Chris Page from ITV will turn on the lights at Aylsham's Market Place during the town's festive event on Friday, November 29.
Starting from 4pm, activities will include games, crafts, street food and a Christmas tree festival in Aylsham Parish Church.
Children from Aylsham area schools will do dancing and singing performances, and there will be a Christmas market in the car park of the Black Boys pub.
Santa will be in the Eclipse Hair Studio on Red Lion Street from 4.30pm, and Pirate Joe will be live on stage. The lights will go on at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Page, a meteorologist, joined the ITV News Anglia weather team in December 2017.
Other Christmas events in the region include a switch-on, street party and fair in Mundesley on Sunday, November 24 from 3pm to 6pm.
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'