TV weatherman to switch on market town’s Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
A television weatherman will do the honours at a north Norfolk Christmas lights switch-on.
Chris Page from ITV will turn on the lights at Aylsham's Market Place during the town's festive event on Friday, November 29.
Starting from 4pm, activities will include games, crafts, street food and a Christmas tree festival in Aylsham Parish Church.
Children from Aylsham area schools will do dancing and singing performances, and there will be a Christmas market in the car park of the Black Boys pub.
Santa will be in the Eclipse Hair Studio on Red Lion Street from 4.30pm, and Pirate Joe will be live on stage. The lights will go on at 6.30pm.
Mr Page, a meteorologist, joined the ITV News Anglia weather team in December 2017.
Other Christmas events in the region include a switch-on, street party and fair in Mundesley on Sunday, November 24 from 3pm to 6pm.
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 4 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 5 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 6 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 7 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 8 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 9 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 10 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop