Overstrand arts centre hosts whisky tasting fundraising evening
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A north Norfolk community arts centre is hosting a fundraising event - with a twist.
The Belfry Centre for Music and Arts, in Overstrand, will welcome whiskey expert Pat Barrow for a tasting evening on Saturday, June 30.
And attendees will enjoy experiencing a range of six contrasting whiskies, while learning more about their history, production and flavour profiles.
Organiser Michelle Bagnall, 42, a volunteer at the Belfry Centre, said: 'I just wanted to do something that would raise some money for the music centre - that was the motivation.
'We're hoping it will be quite well attended.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'We've specially chosen the six whiskies so it's obvious what the differences in the flavours are - smoky or sweet.'
All proceeds go to the Belfry Centre, a dedicated community music and arts space for all ages.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
- 9 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 10 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
Tickets cost £15 on the door or £13.50 in advance.