Annie musical to be performed in Sheringham
- Credit: Archant
The fun, excitement of Annie will fill the stage at Sheringham Little Theatre when this year's community production bursts into action.
Complete with songs, including Tomorrow and It's the Hard-Knock Life, and all the colour of New York City, the musical promises to be a vibrant show.
It will be shown at the little theatre between Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 13 at 7.30pm. There will be a 2.30pm performance on April 6 and April 13.
Director of the show, Tracy Loftus, said: 'It is going to be a lively and exciting production for those taking part and those watching. It has been a wonderful show for me to direct and I have enjoyed working with so many superb young performers.'
Children from north Norfolk auditioned for the parts and Tilda Fassih, from Sheringham, won the lead role.
You may also want to watch:
The musical tells the story of an orphan living in a children's home in New York City, in the care of a cruel, alcoholic supervisor named Agatha Hannigan. Unable to stand it any longer, Annie attempts to flee to find her parents but is brought back and upon her return is sent to stay with billionaire Oliver Warbucks.
Tickets cost £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s. A family ticket will cost £26. Call 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com.
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach