Adult comedy at the Little Theatre
Sheringham Players present The Killing of Sister George at Sheringham Little Theatre next month.The adult comedy's leading role, June Buckridge, is an aging actress who for six years has played the part of district nurse, Sister Goerge in the BBC radio soap, Applehurst.
Sheringham Players present The Killing of Sister George at Sheringham Little Theatre next month.
The adult comedy's leading role, June Buckridge, is an aging actress who for six years has played the part of district nurse, Sister Goerge in the BBC radio soap, Applehurst. Lately though, June has been picking up on certain mutterings concerning the popularity of her character.
Convinced she is to be killed off, June or George, as everybody calls her, is consumed by anxiety, which is not helped by her rocky relationship with Alice "childie", her partner. Following a visit to their flat by BBC producer, Mercy Croft - who has to reprimand George about an assault she committed upon two nuns in the back of a taxi - her life starts to come apart.
The story unfods at the Little Theatre from April 8 to April 11 11th at 8.00 p.m
Tickets � 8.00 - � 7.00 1st night are on sale.
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 3 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 6 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 7 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 8 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 9 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 10 'Rainbow of rhodies' puts on stunning display at Sheringham Park