Adult comedy at the Little Theatre
Sheringham Players present The Killing of Sister George at Sheringham Little Theatre next month.The adult comedy's leading role, June Buckridge, is an aging actress who for six years has played the part of district nurse, Sister Goerge in the BBC radio soap, Applehurst.
Sheringham Players present The Killing of Sister George at Sheringham Little Theatre next month.
The adult comedy's leading role, June Buckridge, is an aging actress who for six years has played the part of district nurse, Sister Goerge in the BBC radio soap, Applehurst. Lately though, June has been picking up on certain mutterings concerning the popularity of her character.
Convinced she is to be killed off, June or George, as everybody calls her, is consumed by anxiety, which is not helped by her rocky relationship with Alice "childie", her partner. Following a visit to their flat by BBC producer, Mercy Croft - who has to reprimand George about an assault she committed upon two nuns in the back of a taxi - her life starts to come apart.
The story unfods at the Little Theatre from April 8 to April 11 11th at 8.00 p.m
You may also want to watch:
Tickets � 8.00 - � 7.00 1st night are on sale.
- 1 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 2 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 3 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 4 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 5 'Fishermen should grow up' - Report sparks clash over crab fishery
- 6 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 9 Historian's shock over footprints on Edith Cavell tombstone
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray