Guitar legend Gordon Giltrap is coming to Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Internationally acclaimed acoustic guitarist Gordon Giltrap is set to play at a north Norfolk village hall.
Giltrap, who has been on the music scene since the 1960s and has influenced everyone from Deep Purple's Richie Blackmore to Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin, will perform in Sharrington on Saturday, August 24.
Pete Townshend is such a fan he got Giltrap to join in a recording session for The Who's next album, which is due for release later this year.
He was most famous in the 1970s when he toured extensively with the Gordon Giltrap Band and released albums such as Visionary and Perilous Journey from which his greatest hit Heartsong was taken.
Gig-goers will also get the chance to meet Giltrap after the show to get their treasured old vinyl albums and CDs signed.
You may also want to watch:
The gig starts at 7pm, tickets are £19 available from Chris Abrams on email email@example.com or phone 01263 861404.
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 3 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 6 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 9 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 10 'It went a bit potty' - New cafe owner's tough first few months in lockdown