Guitar legend Gordon Giltrap is coming to Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Internationally acclaimed acoustic guitarist Gordon Giltrap is set to play at a north Norfolk village hall.
Giltrap, who has been on the music scene since the 1960s and has influenced everyone from Deep Purple's Richie Blackmore to Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin, will perform in Sharrington on Saturday, August 24.
Pete Townshend is such a fan he got Giltrap to join in a recording session for The Who's next album, which is due for release later this year.
He was most famous in the 1970s when he toured extensively with the Gordon Giltrap Band and released albums such as Visionary and Perilous Journey from which his greatest hit Heartsong was taken.
Gig-goers will also get the chance to meet Giltrap after the show to get their treasured old vinyl albums and CDs signed.
You may also want to watch:
The gig starts at 7pm, tickets are £19 available from Chris Abrams on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01263 861404.
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?