A taste of north Norfolk open studios
Ninety-nine of Norfolk's finest artists and makers are staging an exciting exhibition to give art lovers a taste of the coming Open Studios shows.The Norfolk 99 Taster Exhibition takes place at the Garden House Gallery in Cromer, with each artist selecting one piece of work to whet people's appetite.
Ninety-nine of Norfolk's finest artists and makers are staging an exciting exhibition to give art lovers a taste of the coming Open Studios shows.
The Norfolk 99 Taster Exhibition takes place at the Garden House Gallery in Cromer, with each artist selecting one piece of work to whet people's appetite.
All the artists will later throw open their studio doors as part of the Open Studios scheme in a year that has seen more artists than ever take part.
Open Studios encourages artists to showcase art in their own workspace and allows visitors to see what goes on behind studio doors. Artists can chat with visitors and give an insight into their work practices and inspirations,as well as selling work directly to the public.
You may also want to watch:
The Garden House Gallery is staging the exhibition a month ahead of the Open Studios scheme. Gallery owner Hilary Hann said: 'This is a great way to preview artists' work - each year the standards just get higher and higher. Visitors often take notes on their favourite artists then go on to visit them in their studios - it's like looking at a real live version of the Open Studios brochure!
She added: 'Usually we only showcase a few artists at a time, so exhibiting work by ninety-nine artists will be a test of my hanging skills, but it's made for a diverse and exciting show!'
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 5 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 6 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
The Open Studios Norfolk 99 Taster Exhibition opens on Sunday 19 April and runs until May Bank Holiday. All work on show is for sale. Open Mondays - Saturdays 10 - 5 and Sundays 11- 4
Open Studios brochures can be picked up at The Garden House Gallery from Friday 1 April.