Agatha Christie classic coming to seaside stage
- Credit: Mundesley Players
Murder comes to Mundesley in an upcoming play at the village's Coronation Hall.
Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple takes centre stage in the Mundesley Players production of A Murder Is Announced.
Lyndsey King, who plays the sleuth, said: "So many great actors have interpreted this lady that it is a bit daunting for someone like me to take on a part that is so well known.
"I hope I can put my own stamp on her character."
Directed by Cheryl Collings, the action kicks off when an announcement in a local newspaper states that a murder will take place at precisely 6.30pm.
The nosy and slightly interfering Miss Marple thinks she can crack the case before the local police, Inspector Craddock and Sargent Mellors.
The large cast is made up of regulars from the players and a few new editions.
- 1 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 Magistrate's name to live on in charity for young people
- 8 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 9 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 10 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
Performances are on October 27-30, tickets are £10 including tea and cake, available from www.ticketsource.co.uk or by calling 03336 663366.