A Midsummer Night’s Dream to be performed in north Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
One of Shakespeare's most-loved plays will be performed at a north Norfolk church.
A Midsummer Night's Dream will be performed at St Margaret's in Thorpe Market by Sussex-based theatre company, Thisismytheatre.
The play's convoluted, but entertaining plot revolves around four young Athenians in search of their loves.
And when they take to the woods, Puck, a servant to the fairy king, places a spell on the wrong suitor, and chaos results.
In all of this, a company of actors meet to rehearse a play but the mischievous Puck once again interferes placing an asses head on the unfortunate Bottom, much to the horror of his friends.
You may also want to watch:
The performance includes live, traditional folk music.
Tickets are £12.50 and £5 for under-16s, and bookings can be made online at www.thisismytheatre.comThe play takes place on Thursday, May 31, at 7.30pm. There will be a licenced bar and car parking is available.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 7 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'