A book fair, Caribbean fun and music to feature at north Norfolk Arts and Crafts house
- Credit: Archant
A literary salon, a night of Caribbean fun and a mini-music festival are all coming up at an Arts and Crafts-style house near the north Norfolk coast.
Voewood in Cromer Road, High Kelling, is hosting an antiquarian book fair on August 25.
The day will include a literary salon with guest speakers including children's laureate Lauren Child and Voewood owner Simon Finch.
Entrance is £5 (under 14s go free) and the salon event costs £10.
That night the venue will host Calypso band Tobago and d'Lime - who appeared in the Paddington films - and a Caribbean barbecue and cocktails.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, August 26, the Voewood will host 10 bands with styles ranging from ska to soul to jazz to 80s hits, all playing in support of Holt Youth Centre. Cost is £15 and there will also be a barbecue, bar and ice cream on offer.
For more information or to book tickets, visit www.voewood.com/events
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 6 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 7 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK