A book fair, Caribbean fun and music to feature at north Norfolk Arts and Crafts house
- Credit: Archant
A literary salon, a night of Caribbean fun and a mini-music festival are all coming up at an Arts and Crafts-style house near the north Norfolk coast.
Voewood in Cromer Road, High Kelling, is hosting an antiquarian book fair on August 25.
The day will include a literary salon with guest speakers including children's laureate Lauren Child and Voewood owner Simon Finch.
Entrance is £5 (under 14s go free) and the salon event costs £10.
That night the venue will host Calypso band Tobago and d'Lime - who appeared in the Paddington films - and a Caribbean barbecue and cocktails.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, August 26, the Voewood will host 10 bands with styles ranging from ska to soul to jazz to 80s hits, all playing in support of Holt Youth Centre. Cost is £15 and there will also be a barbecue, bar and ice cream on offer.
For more information or to book tickets, visit www.voewood.com/events
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 3 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 4 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 5 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 6 Welcome to our new website
- 7 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 8 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 9 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 10 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier