10 things to do on Norfolk Day in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
The countdown has begun to Norfolk Day and, across the area, businesses, charities and community groups are gearing up to mark the occasion.
Here are just 10 of the host of events on offer in north Norfolk.
St Nicholas Church, at North Walsham, is opening up its archives for a local history exhibition running on Norfolk Day, July 27, from 10am-4pm and on July 28 from 10am-1pm.
You may also want to watch:
The historic Mannington Estate is offering half price entry to its stunning gardens, with the hall also displaying an exhibition showing the Walpole family's Norfolk connections spanning five centuries.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre, at Sheringham, is hosting Norfolk-themed activities including face painting, games, arts and crafts and more. 01263 825675
Aylsham Country Market is offering tasters and samples in the town hall from 8.30am-midday, while Aylsham Care Trust is hosting an afternoon tea with live entertainment from the Jive Bunnies from 4pm-6pm. Tickets, priced £8 (children £4), from the ACT centre or Barnwells.
There's a barbecue and cream tea with entertainment at Halsey House, Cromer, from 11am-midday and 1.30pm-2.30pm.
North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust will be running a cruise from Ebridge Mill to Spa Common, as well as a canal history walk. 10am/midday/2pm/4pm from Ebridge Mill, £7.50, 07585 160772.
Libraries at Cromer and North Walsham will be running 'story walk' outdoor sessions aimed at bringing books to life for 3-7-year-olds.
Holt Women's Institute members will be celebrating by distributing posies of flowers in the town, with Wroxham WI handing out heart-shaped boxes and bags of tealights and Sheringham WI running a cake stall on Otterndorf Green.
There's a family fun day featuring dog show, miniature therapy donkeys, face painting and arts and crafts at Gold Park, Mundesley, from midday-4pm.
St Andrew's Methodist Church, Sheringham will be hosting a Norfolk Day celebration including artwork and creative writing from local schools (11am-4pm), bacon rolls, Norfolk recipes and music by Broadland Ukes (midday-2pm), and a celebration with Norfolk dialect including music by Sing for Joy community choir (7pm). Free.
• Find out more about #NorfolkDay by following @Norfolk on Twitter and by visiting the 'Norfolk Day' Facebook group.