Youth football swings back into action

NORTH WALSHAM ANGELS U13 GIRLS visited Taverham for the second time this season. Having lost the previous encounter 5-1, they drew 3-3 this time. They took the lead when a left-wing cross from Robyn found Olivia in the box and she blasted the ball home.

NORTH WALSHAM ANGELS U13 GIRLS visited Taverham for the second time this season. Having lost the previous encounter 5-1, they drew 3-3 this time. They took the lead when a left-wing cross from Robyn found Olivia in the box and she blasted the ball home. Further persistence by Robyn on the left resulted in a cross from which a defender scored an own goal. An own goal at the Angels end put the home side back in the match, but by half-time the visitors had regained their two-goal advantage. Charlotte's powerful right foot shot was blocked but she hammered the rebound home with her left. Angels gave their opponents too much of the play in the second period and they pulled back two goals for a final score of 3-3. Midfield dynamo Zoe missed the match and is out for the season with a broken leg. But there was better news as new signing Jess F was given a run-out in defence and there is a prospect of further new signings to strengthen the squad.

NORTH WALSHAMU13 won 5-1 at Horsford. All the early pressure was on the Horsford goal, and it eventually told when A Johnson slid the ball calmly past the out-rushing Horsford keeper. Johnson made it two with a great strike into the roof of the net. The game turned scrappy for the rest of the half, and North Walsham led 2-0 at the break. On as a sub at half-time, Copeman made it three with a deft chip over the keeper. Horsford pulled a goal back when G Johnson beat Shepherd in the North Walsham goal with an unfortunate back pass. Hinton restored the three-goal cushion-, when, up from central defence for a corner, he struck a sweet shot too hard for the Horsford keeper to deflect wide. The game again became scrappy, before G Johnson made amends for the earlier mistake by confidently converting a penalty.

NORTH WALSHAM U9 had a fine win over Thorpe Rovers. The game began with both teams playing good football and Thorpe were the first to make the breakthrough when their striker volleyed in superbly from close range. Walsham continued to play passing football and a flowing move midway through the half, involving every team member, saw Max hit the inside of a post. Eventually the home side got the goal their play deserved when Tom W turned brilliantly in the area to finish powerfully into the top corner and send the teams in level at half-time. The second half saw Walsham begin to get the upper hand as they pushed for a second goal and this duly arrived from the penalty spot as Connor stepped up and smashed the ball into the top-left corner. The third goal arrived not long after. Despite a great save from the keeper, Connor was on hand to lob the ball back over the goal line. Thorpe did manage to pull a goal back with a minute left but Walsham hung on for a deserved win.

HOLT FC requires players for the U9 team. Call Darren 07818 182533.

Most Read

CROMER YOUTH U11 got back to winning ways with an emphatic 13-0 trouncing of Mundesley. A fine team performance saw Cromer attack from the whistle. Ieuan Lightfoot scored the first, followed soon after by Jake Zelos' first of the day, 2-0. The floodgates opened. Joe Gasse-Coope made it 3-0 and a great strike from the edge of the box from Jordan Davies saw Cromer take a 4-0 lead. A neat turn and shot gave Jake Zelos his second and goal of the day came from Joe Gasse-Coope with a 30-yard screamer from the right wing, 6-0 at half-time. Early in the second half Jake headed home for his hat-trick, 7-0 and Jack Tritton scored his first of the day to make it 8-0. Jack then scored three more in quick succession, including a stunning volley to make it 11-0. Nathan Foulser supplied his seventh assist of the day to Stevie Foster for goal No 12 and the rout was completed by Jake Zelos with his fourth to make it 13-0 and to keep Cromer top of the league. MoM: Nathan Foulser.

EAST COAST WARRIORS U11 hosted Taverham, who came with a very organised defensive strategy and proved tough nuts to crack. In the first period the game was end-to-end. Coast mounted repeated attacks on Taverham's packed box in waves, and when three or four of these broke down, Taverham contributed some fine runs, only to collide with Coast's stonewall back four: Reid, Richardson, Wilkinson and the particularly effective Smith, leaving stopper Baker little to do. At the far end Brown, Lozeau, Lee and Glasgow battered Taverham's defences which Dewberry had organised to good effect, leaving things goalless at

half-time. Othon replaced Howell in the forward line and Paterson replaced Richardson, but the story was more of the same until 10 minutes in Lozeau took a good cross and made no mistake with the finish to break the deadlock. This forced a more attacking strategy from Taverham, with Bracey repeatedly leading raids on Coast's right, battling with Coast captain Lubbock and his midfield and going close several times when he did break through. Warriors, despite the best efforts of Taverham's back line, netted three more times. Brown took the ball from near halfway, played around seven opposition and slammed home a terrific volley. Glasgow picked the ball out of a goalmouth scramble and slotted home neatly. Lee took a cross that looked to be going nowhere and dinked it in, but was unlucky to be ruled offside. Despite taking up residence in Taverham's half for the remainder of the game, the visitors continued to defend doggedly, with the final score a respectable 3-0. Credit to both teams for a clean, hard-fought and entertaining game.

STALHAM U12A played Aylsham U12. Aylsham started the better and piled the pressure on. Stalham began to battle hard and were rewarded with a great goal from some excellent team play. Ryan eventually put a superb ball through to Adam to go one-on-one with the keeper, who pulled off a great save but Adam put in the rebound. Stalham kept on the pressure and got a deserved second when Adam fired in a lovely cross which fell to Matti who finished nicely. Just two minutes later Matti played Adam in out wide who floated in a high cross in to the box. The keeper came out to save but spilled it, and it fell nicely for Will to bundle into the back of the net. The second half saw Stalham continue to play some very intelligent football. Joel, in goal, had a great game and is continuing to grow in confidence. The defence were solid with Kieran having a cracking game. The midfield and wingers battled hard with Jake, Adam and Aiden having awesome games. Matti and Ryan were always a constant threat up top, making some well timed passes. Stalham scored two more goals - Aiden saw his shot saved with the ball falling to Adam who put it back across the box allowing Matti to volley in and Jake played an excellent ball to Aiden who fired into the top corner from just outside the box. Final score 5-0 Stalham. PoM: Jake. Special mention to Aiden and Kieran for two outstanding performances.

SHERINGHAM WARRIORS U15s' good form continued with a comprehensive 11-0 victory over Wendene Wanderers at Sheringham High School. Jodi Norris was in inspired form and opened the scoring. Jacob Knowles was hard to contain down the left and made it 2-0 with a stunning strike. Jacob then turned provider as from the left he squared the ball for Harry Stamatov to knock in. Ali Burghall at left-back was supporting Jacob really well and was unlucky not to grab himself a goal. Jodi Norris then made it 4-0 with a good finish to a well-worked move. He then completed his hat-trick with a strike that rocketed into the roof of the net. Cameron Humphrey, Harry Carrington and Shane Cox dominated the midfield and were instrumental in a lot of the good moves. Jacob Knowles then scored twice more to get his hat-trick before half-time and to make the score 7-0. In the second half Wendene tightened up at the back, Josh Glister, who was moved up front, made the breakthrough when he capitalised on a mistake by the keeper to prod the ball home to make it 8-0. Wendene had a spell of pressure but Nathan Lomax in goal was quick and alert on his line and he dealt with any danger. Tom Harrison, Tommy Bywater, Ali Burghall and Josh Dyde, who has just returned after a long injury lay-off, were immense at the back, giving Wendene hardly any sights of goal. Jodi made it 9-0 when he scored his fourth of the match, Josh Glister scored the goal of the game when he controlled a looping ball, swivelled and volleyed the ball past the keeper to make it 10-0. Will Parker and Tom Harrison down the right worked really hard together, with both putting in some quality balls into the box. The Warriors had a few more Chances with Josh Dyde hitting a post and heading one just over the bar. Jacob Knowles finished it off in the 40th minute, racing in on goal and shooting past the keeper to make it 11-0 and to keep this incredible run for Sheringham Warriors going.

EAST COAST WARRIORS U10 were back at Bodham playing Colt Jags U10. East Coast were forced to work hard with Colt Jags leaving three defenders at the back for most of the game. Eventually the midfield of A Little and J Boggis found A Galley who slotted home for the lead. In the second half Colt Jags equalised from a penalty that sent S Howell in goal, the wrong way. C Craske and L Goodrum were both excellent in defence. J Stearman and T Oxley both worked well but just couldn't get through the Jags' defence. A Little scored the winner for East Coast when a missed penalty rebounded back out for him to finish. A 2-1 win to East Coast Warriors who were well supported by B Candlish.

MUNDESLEY YOUTH U16 visited Stalham and lost 6-4 after being three goals down in under 10 minutes. They pulled one back with a brilliant goal. Ben Smith found Darryl Daglass on the right; he sprinted to the by-line and crossed to the far post for Liam Amos to head home. Stalham scored twice more for a 5-1 lead but Mundesley refused to fold. Liam Livingstone pounced on a loose ball and turned to fire the ball in then the same player's smart free-kick went in off a defender. Stalham scored a sixth but then one of their defenders netted a bizarre goal. He received the ball outside his own box, lined up a shot and blasted the ball past his own keeper. At the final whistle Mundesley were still looking for goals.