Yachtsmen sunk in home waters
Wroxham 0, Mildenhall Town 2If Wroxham fail to make third spot come the end of the season they may have to reflect on missing three clear-cut scoring chances in a game that remained goal-less at the end of a fairly entertaining first period.
Wroxham 0, Mildenhall Town 2
If Wroxham fail to make Ridgeons Premier's third spot come the end of the season they may have to reflect on missing three clear-cut scoring chances in a game that remained goal-less at the end of a fairly entertaining first period.
Key lost a one-on-one chase with the keeper and Gilmore blazed over before a Mildenhall header rattled the crossbar.
Keeper McAnally made a spectacular one-handed save and at the other end Gilmore dallied just too long, allowing keeper Pope to dash back to block.
Lemmon fired straight at the keeper in the centre of the goal. Minutes later a third chance went begging when Halliday completely mis-kicked when well placed.
Second half Wroxham then had a great chance to break the deadlock when White first hit a post and then the keeper blocked with Halliday following up, hitting the back of the net. But the flag was up for offside.
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 4 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 5 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 6 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 7 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 8 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 9 'Rainbow of rhodies' puts on stunning display at Sheringham Park
- 10 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
Wroxham relinquished all three points in the last 10 minutes.
McAnally brought down Owen Painter in the box and the No 10 scored from the penalty.
Wroxham were pushing up for an equaliser but instead conceded a second goal to John Sands a minute before the end.