Yachtsmen's cup cruise
Norfolk Senior CupWroxham 3, Sprowston Atheltic 0Wroxham coasted this fourth round game in their first fixture in defence of the trophy while the Anglian Combination side were chasing shadows for much of the game played in difficult conditions.
Wroxham 3, Sprowston Atheltic 0
Wroxham of the Ridgeons Premier coasted this fourth round Norfolk Senior Cup game in their first fixture in defence of the trophy while the Anglian Combination side were chasing shadows for much of the game played in difficult conditions.
After Wroxham were denied by keeper Hill and the legs of a number of defenders they went ahead in the 30th minute from a penalty, writes Roy Webster.
White was brought down and Andy Key gave Hill no chance into his bottom right-hand corner.
You may also want to watch:
They made it two just before the break when Danny White fastened onto a through ball to score from just inside the box, and in the 55th minute Matt Halliday went up for a corner delivered by Key for the centre back to power the header into the roof of the net.
Athletic had put up a valiant performance but were outclassed and their misery was complete when their defender Noel Wright was sent off for a second yellow card offence.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 7 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'