Yachtsmen flounder at Trafford Park
Wroxham 2, Haverhill Rovers 4Wroxham looked determind and had three good chances in the first 15 minutes when suddenly Haverhill put a long ball through, Graham Challen back-headed it to the keeper who was off his line, and the ball flew into the net for an own goal.
Wroxham 2, Haverhill Rovers 4
Wroxham looked determind and had three good chances in the first 15 minutes when suddenly Haverhill put a long ball through, Graham Challen back-headed it to the keeper who was off his line, and the ball flew into the net for an own goal.
Wroxham again piled on the pressure with Gavin Lemmon having a very good shot saved, as did Steve Spriggs who was having a great game on the wing. In the 30th minute he put over a brillant cross straight to the head of Danny White who outjumped the defence to score a great equalising goal.
Wroxham were still pressing hard when Spriggs let fly from 25 yards only to see the ball hit the inside of the post and come out.
The visitors went ahead within a minute of the restart when another Wroxham mistake left an unmarked defender free to head home from a corner.
Wroxham pushed hard and Matt Daniels beat two defenders to put a very nice cross over for Owen Paynter to bang past the keeper with 15 minutes to go.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 7 New group's £3.3 million bid to take over Holt Hall
- 8 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 9 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
- 10 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
With the rain pelting down the players were having a hard time keeping their feet.
Haverhill made a quick break and when the home defence let the runner have free space to line up his shot, he could not have believed his luck with no one to beat but the keeper.
With three minutes left another clanger was made when a high ball came over and Scott Howie pushed it onto the bar, only for it to rebound and land at the foot of a waiting Haverhill player.
Haverhaill had only three shots all game but scored four times.
On Saturday, Wroxham visit Woodbridge and on Tuesday they entertain Dereham.