Yachtsmen back at Carrow Road
Dereham Town 1, Wroxham 2Hard on the heels of their exit from the FA Vase, Dereham on Tuesday night were denied a Carrow Road Norfolk Senior Cup final place by the holders.
Dereham Town 1, Wroxham 2
Hard on the heels of their exit from the FA Vase, Dereham on Tuesday night were denied a Carrow Road Norfolk Senior Cup final place by the holders.
A bumper crowed turned up to see Norfolk's top two sides do Senior Cup semi-final battle. The Yachtsmen will now meet King's Lynn Reserves in the April 15 final.
In the 30th minute Dereham missed a great chance when Howell broke from the halfway line, raced into the box and picked out an unmarked Atkins with a low cross. But with the goal at his mercy, his poor first touch allowed McAnally to make a vital block.
In the 42nd minute Wroxham won a free-kick on the edge of the box that Lemmon lifted over the wall and just over the bar. However, the Yachtsmen took the lead from their next attack.
Defender Halliday delivered a deep cross from the right and striker Paul Cook headed home from four yards.
- 1 Historic town centre shop could become home
- 2 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 3 Stunning bee-eaters draw over 5,000 bird watchers to north Norfolk coast
- 4 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 5 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 6 Feuding local leaders meet - but both leave unsatisfied
- 7 Host a roast dinner with unlimited Yorkshire puds at newly-refurbished pub
- 8 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 9 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 10 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
The Yachtsmen won a free-kick 25 yards out in the 68th minute and ex-Magpie Danny Self curled a superb shot around the home wall and into the net to put Wroxham in pole position.
Dereham midfielder Adam Smith scored with a brilliant 30-yard drive.
On Saturday, Wroxham are at Wivenhoe, and on Tuesday they entertain Dereham in the league.