Wroxham tame Rovers
Wroxham 3, Haverhill Rovers 1Wroxham, who were one goal up, then suffered a severe setback when their holding midfielder Lee Manning was shown the red card for stamping on an opponent.
Wroxham 3, Haverhill Rovers 1
Wroxham, who were one goal up, then suffered a severe setback when their holding midfielder Lee Manning was shown the red card for stamping on an opponent.
Until those two incidents it was mediocre play with neither keeper being tested.
Wroxham made changes, bringing on keeper Phil Smith leaving McAnally on the bench and Steve Harley was brought in instead of Crane up front.
It was nondescript play around the centre circle until the 40th minute when, following a corner, Gilmore drove the ball goalwards and Gavin Lemmon got in a glancing header to beat Cutts at the near post.
Both teams appeared to be waiting for the half-time whistle when a clash in the centre of the park ended with Manning recklessly lifting his feet on Challis, and after consulting with his assistant, referee Nigel Smith brandished the red card.
- 1 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 2 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 3 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 4 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 5 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 6 The village in the path of controversial wind farm cable
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Christmas market draws hundreds to high street
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Norfolk still has just one identified Omicron Covid case
Andy Key came on as sub after the break and with his first two touches of the ball he scored twice in almost as many minutes.
His first that made the score 2-0 in the Yachtsmen's favour was a long, looping lob from the far left which cannoned off an upright into the visitors' goal.
Almost straight from the kick-off Key made it 3-0 with a crashing left-foot drive to put Wroxham firmly in the driving seat.
The visitors reduced the arrears in the 75th minute when Louis Harper fired home a 20-yard free-kick after Carus was booked for nudging Walker off the ball.
Wroxham: Smith, Self, Wines, Carus, Halliday, Manning, White, Lemmon, Cook, Harley, Gilmore. Substitutes: Crane, Muddell, McCabe, McNally, Key.