Wroxham tame Rovers
Wroxham 3, Haverhill Rovers 1Wroxham, who were one goal up, then suffered a severe setback when their holding midfielder Lee Manning was shown the red card for stamping on an opponent.
Wroxham 3, Haverhill Rovers 1
Wroxham, who were one goal up, then suffered a severe setback when their holding midfielder Lee Manning was shown the red card for stamping on an opponent.
Until those two incidents it was mediocre play with neither keeper being tested.
Wroxham made changes, bringing on keeper Phil Smith leaving McAnally on the bench and Steve Harley was brought in instead of Crane up front.
You may also want to watch:
It was nondescript play around the centre circle until the 40th minute when, following a corner, Gilmore drove the ball goalwards and Gavin Lemmon got in a glancing header to beat Cutts at the near post.
Both teams appeared to be waiting for the half-time whistle when a clash in the centre of the park ended with Manning recklessly lifting his feet on Challis, and after consulting with his assistant, referee Nigel Smith brandished the red card.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
Andy Key came on as sub after the break and with his first two touches of the ball he scored twice in almost as many minutes.
His first that made the score 2-0 in the Yachtsmen's favour was a long, looping lob from the far left which cannoned off an upright into the visitors' goal.
Almost straight from the kick-off Key made it 3-0 with a crashing left-foot drive to put Wroxham firmly in the driving seat.
The visitors reduced the arrears in the 75th minute when Louis Harper fired home a 20-yard free-kick after Carus was booked for nudging Walker off the ball.
Wroxham: Smith, Self, Wines, Carus, Halliday, Manning, White, Lemmon, Cook, Harley, Gilmore. Substitutes: Crane, Muddell, McCabe, McNally, Key.