Wroxham so close to point
Leiston 1, Wroxham 0
Leiston now need just a point to take the Ridgeons League Premier Division title – but they were made to fight all the way for a 1-0 win by third-placed Wroxham Tuesday night.
The visitors had genuine claims for a penalty when Paul Cook went down but the referee decided the Wroxham player had dived and awarded a free-kick.
Leiston took the lead on 15 minutes when a poor back pass from Danny Self was intercepted by Gareth Heath, who slotted the ball past Scott Howie.
Wroxham, with man of the match Gary Gilmore dominant, struck the bar in a goalmouth melee.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway