Wroxham so close to point
Leiston 1, Wroxham 0
Leiston now need just a point to take the Ridgeons League Premier Division title – but they were made to fight all the way for a 1-0 win by third-placed Wroxham Tuesday night.
The visitors had genuine claims for a penalty when Paul Cook went down but the referee decided the Wroxham player had dived and awarded a free-kick.
Leiston took the lead on 15 minutes when a poor back pass from Danny Self was intercepted by Gareth Heath, who slotted the ball past Scott Howie.
Wroxham, with man of the match Gary Gilmore dominant, struck the bar in a goalmouth melee.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Council pays damages to support group founders after false statement - but won’t say how much
- 3 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 4 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 5 Council apologises for removing WW2 gun emplacement parts without notice
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 'People will be disappointed' : North Norfolk reacts to new tier 2 restrictions
- 8 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 9 'Hugely disappointed': Reaction to Tier 2 Covid restrictions for Norfolk
- 10 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two