Wroxham's league and cup woes
Mildenhall Town 3, Wroxham 1DURING a drab first period Wroxham had the first half-chance when Carus delivered a long crossfield ball, but Keys' effort bounced across the face of the home goal and out of play.
Mildenhall Town 3, Wroxham 1
DURING a drab first period Wroxham had the first half-chance when Carus delivered a long crossfield ball, but Keys' effort bounced across the face of the home goal and out of play.
At the other end a tremendous long shot from Simpson from almost the halfway line caught McAnalley off his line but the ball, fortunately for the Yachtsmen, skipped wide of the target.
This tame confrontation developed into a midfield battle but Wroxham seemed likely to go ahead only for Seb Muddle's drive to flash inches over the target.
You may also want to watch:
Key and Cook combined but the keeper was off his line to gather and his massive clearance to the opposite end saw his counterpart McAnalley dash to clear the ball from a clutch of home forwards.
What appeared to be the best chance of the game resulted from a Cook header dropping in front of Key, whose left-footer struck the crossbar simultaneously with the flag going up for offside. Then with the floodlights failing temporarily the half ended tamely 0-0 in the gathering gloom.
- 1 Community group asked to clarify where legal damages paid by council will go
- 2 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 3 Strong winds batter coast - but fears of flooding avoided
- 4 'If they move us to tier one we'll open' - businesses prepare for tier two restrictions
- 5 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 6 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 7 Housing group scoops award for affordable scheme
- 8 Potential delays as boat mould moved along Norfolk's roads
- 9 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 10 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
Mildenhall broke the deadlock in the 60th minute, added a second five minutes later and put the result beyond doubt in the 80th minute
Wroxham netted a consolation 10 minutes before the end when substitute Shaun Wones was set up by White for a simple tap-in.
Wroxham: McAnnally, Self, Howes, Challen, Carus, Key, White, Lemmon, Cook, Muddell, Wines. Subs: Wones, Goff, Taylor, George.
On Tuesday Wroxham lost their Ridgeons League Cup quarter-final 3-2 at home to Histon Reserves.
On Saturday they are at Ely in the league.