Wroxham's league and cup woes
Mildenhall Town 3, Wroxham 1DURING a drab first period Wroxham had the first half-chance when Carus delivered a long crossfield ball, but Keys' effort bounced across the face of the home goal and out of play.
Mildenhall Town 3, Wroxham 1
DURING a drab first period Wroxham had the first half-chance when Carus delivered a long crossfield ball, but Keys' effort bounced across the face of the home goal and out of play.
At the other end a tremendous long shot from Simpson from almost the halfway line caught McAnalley off his line but the ball, fortunately for the Yachtsmen, skipped wide of the target.
This tame confrontation developed into a midfield battle but Wroxham seemed likely to go ahead only for Seb Muddle's drive to flash inches over the target.
Key and Cook combined but the keeper was off his line to gather and his massive clearance to the opposite end saw his counterpart McAnalley dash to clear the ball from a clutch of home forwards.
What appeared to be the best chance of the game resulted from a Cook header dropping in front of Key, whose left-footer struck the crossbar simultaneously with the flag going up for offside. Then with the floodlights failing temporarily the half ended tamely 0-0 in the gathering gloom.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 7 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 8 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 9 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
Mildenhall broke the deadlock in the 60th minute, added a second five minutes later and put the result beyond doubt in the 80th minute
Wroxham netted a consolation 10 minutes before the end when substitute Shaun Wones was set up by White for a simple tap-in.
Wroxham: McAnnally, Self, Howes, Challen, Carus, Key, White, Lemmon, Cook, Muddell, Wines. Subs: Wones, Goff, Taylor, George.
On Tuesday Wroxham lost their Ridgeons League Cup quarter-final 3-2 at home to Histon Reserves.
On Saturday they are at Ely in the league.