Wroxham's league and cup woes
Mildenhall Town 3, Wroxham 1DURING a drab first period Wroxham had the first half-chance when Carus delivered a long crossfield ball, but Keys' effort bounced across the face of the home goal and out of play.
Mildenhall Town 3, Wroxham 1
DURING a drab first period Wroxham had the first half-chance when Carus delivered a long crossfield ball, but Keys' effort bounced across the face of the home goal and out of play.
At the other end a tremendous long shot from Simpson from almost the halfway line caught McAnalley off his line but the ball, fortunately for the Yachtsmen, skipped wide of the target.
This tame confrontation developed into a midfield battle but Wroxham seemed likely to go ahead only for Seb Muddle's drive to flash inches over the target.
You may also want to watch:
Key and Cook combined but the keeper was off his line to gather and his massive clearance to the opposite end saw his counterpart McAnalley dash to clear the ball from a clutch of home forwards.
What appeared to be the best chance of the game resulted from a Cook header dropping in front of Key, whose left-footer struck the crossbar simultaneously with the flag going up for offside. Then with the floodlights failing temporarily the half ended tamely 0-0 in the gathering gloom.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
Mildenhall broke the deadlock in the 60th minute, added a second five minutes later and put the result beyond doubt in the 80th minute
Wroxham netted a consolation 10 minutes before the end when substitute Shaun Wones was set up by White for a simple tap-in.
Wroxham: McAnnally, Self, Howes, Challen, Carus, Key, White, Lemmon, Cook, Muddell, Wines. Subs: Wones, Goff, Taylor, George.
On Tuesday Wroxham lost their Ridgeons League Cup quarter-final 3-2 at home to Histon Reserves.
On Saturday they are at Ely in the league.