Wroxham face key league test
FOOTBALL: Saturday's local football programme was completely wiped out, with the Ridgeons and Gleave and Associates Anglian Combination Leagues among those to suffer.
The two outstanding Norfolk Senior Cup fourth round ties, between Wroxham and Cromer and Norwich St Johns and Diss, went the same way. The new date for fourth round ties is January 8.
That leaves Wroxham clear to visit Dereham on Monday for a top-two Ridgeons Premier clash which Wroxham need to win to close the gap which the Magpies have established.
The Ridgeons League has a full programme arranged for Monday, but the weather forecasts indicate that matches may be few and far between.
There are no Anglian Combination fixtures over the Christmas and New Year weekends.
There may be some matches on Monday, January 3 with the programme due to return to normal from January 8, including the outstanding Norfolk Senior Cup ties.
The quarter-final line-up currently reads: Blofield v Dereham, Wroxham or Cromer v King's Lynn, Norwich St Johns or Diss v Thetford Town, Norwich City v Norwich United.
- 1 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 2 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 3 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 4 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 5 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 8 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 9 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways