Wroxham beat league leaders
WROXHAM enjoyed a morale-boosting win over Ridgeons Premier Division leaders CRC on Saturday after two defeats.But then they lost 2-1 at Stanway on Tuesday night.
WROXHAM enjoyed a morale-boosting win over Ridgeons Premier Division leaders CRC on Saturday after two defeats.
But then they lost 2-1 at Stanway on Tuesday night.
The Yachtsmen host Wivehoe tonight then play the reverse fixture next Thursday - with a visit to Ely on Saturday and a home game against local rivals Norwich United on Tuesday night in between.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham 1, CRC 0
After two defeats in the week manager David Batch made some changes for the vist of the league leaders CRC, who started very strongly as they pushed Wroxham back for the first 20 minutes.
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 9 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 10 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
But, try as they might, the Wroxham defence were having nothing of it as they dealt with the suituation admirably.
Wroxham then settled down and started to move forward with Cook and Spriggs doing well up front and it was in the 38th minute when a good move from Cook saw him lay the ball off to Spriggs who was 20 yards out when he let fly with a low shot.
It looked like an impossible
angle from which to score, however the ball found its way into the bottom corner of the net with the keeper stranded.
The second half started with CRC doing most of the pressing as they tried to pull one back but keeper Scott Howie was coping well in the home goal. CRC had a couple of quick corners but again Howie was on hand to collect.
In the 70th minute Challen had to go off with an injury, with Miller coming on.
White was also brought off, as was Cook. Both players had given their all on a very warm day - they were replaced by Eastaugh and King.
Wroxham were quite content to shore up for the last 15 minutes as CRC tried their best to break down the defence who did not panic and coped well.