Wisbech looking to keep Setchell’s run going
- Credit: Archant
Gary Setchell will be looking to extend the unbeaten start to his second spell as Wisbech Town manager.
The Fenmen have gone seven games undefeated since Setchell replaced Dick Creasey, although they were denied a sixth win in seven after a late Peterborough Northern Star goal on Tuesday night.
The record is on the line today when Wisbech host lowly Northampton ON Chenecks.
Setchell's men looked set to clinch all three points in midweek thanks to goals from captain Jon Fairweather and Josh Ford, but a last-gasp Connor Pilbeam strike denied them the win.
Zak Munton had fired the visitors into an early lead, before Fairweather popped up with his third of the season five minutes before the break. Ford took his goals tally to double figures in the 87th minute but former Wisbech St Mary star Pilbeam struck late on. Before that, Wisbech had added their sixth league win with a 3-1 success at Wellingborough Town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 6 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 7 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 8 Most villagers back military training overhead despite noise
- 9 Town lido among schemes put forward in funding bid
- 10 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping