Will wheels to fine time
THIS year's hill climb was moved from Bard's Hill back to Aylmerton Hill, West Runton, a national course.Do not be deceived into thinking almost anyone can cycle flat out for under three minutes.
THIS year's hill climb was moved from Bard's Hill back to Aylmerton Hill, West Runton, a national course.
Do not be deceived into thinking almost anyone can cycle flat out for under three minutes.
Whilst the circuit seems short at just 900 yards, this is a very, very steep hill and, to add to the pain, it flattens off at one point to fool the riders.
However, on a lovely sunny late summer Sunday morning 12 cyclists turned out to put themselves through the pain barrier. Everyone acquitted themselves well but Charles Rowe perhaps felt the pain more than most having left Ipswich at 5am to make the start time.
You may also want to watch:
Will Dorsett performed exceptionally well, at 1:56 beating the two-minute barrier and coming close to the course record of 1:47.
Wheelers were pleased to welcome three new members to the North Norfolk Wheelers, all of whom performed well but commiserations go to Laurence Wright who stopped by a group of spectators thinking he had finished the climb but, unfortunately, he still had a way to go.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
The 18½ mile hilly time trial climb which was postponed because of bad weather will now be held on Sunday, October 12 - the morning after the club's end of season do!
Actual times: Dorsett 1:56, Clark 2:10, Knowles 2:14, Davison 2:16, White (new member) 2:25, Bailey 2:26, Chapman (new member) 2:38, Edmonds 2:38, Thorold 2:40, Wright (new member) 2:41, Reynold (CC Breckland) 2:49, Rowe (Norwich ABC) 2:59.