Wheelers tackle record rides
AFTER a period of intense individual competition over the past few weeks, the North Norfok Wheelers time trialers spread the load by staging a 10-mile two-up time trial.
AFTER a period of intense individual competition over the past few weeks, the North Norfok Wheelers time trialers spread the load by staging a 10-mile two-up time trial. The ride was no less competitive and Will Dorset and Nino Piccoli made a valiant attempt on the course record of 19min 54sec and failed to beat it by only five seconds.
Nino Piccoli and Mark Arnold made another attempt at the following Tuesday's time trial, with exactly the same result.
The time-trial season is coming to an end and only seven riders took part in the last evening trial this year. No doubt other riders were saving themselves for the gruelling 18� miles around the hills of Sheringham and Weybourne on Sunday morning.
Chris and Jane Hunt have been missed this year by regulars at the time trials. Jane gave birth to Oliver William on September 2 and mother and baby are both well. Wheelers look forward
to welcoming them all back next year.
Thursday, August 27 two-up
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 3 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 4 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 5 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Seaside ramp reopens following restoration work after erosion
- 8 Soaring cost-of-living among objections to car park charge rises
- 9 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 10 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
10-mile time trial. Dorsett and Piccoli 19:54, Turner and Knowles 24:01, Griffiths and Findlay 26:04, Thorold and Brown 26:50, Clark and Clark 33:00.
Solo Riders: Rushmore 22:15, Bailey 22:44, Read 23:42, Bristow (guest) 24:28, Janes 26:25, Muir 28:50.
Tuesday, September 1 10-mile Time Trial. Two-up: Nino Piccoli and Mark Arnold 19:54.
Solo actual times: Woodhouse 24:36, Clark 24:53, Platts 25:23, Janes 27:00, Hayward 27:31, Carter 29:53, Muir 30:28.
Solo handicap times: Woodhouse 20:52, Hayward 21:23, Clark 21:28, Platts 21:30.