Wheelers see impressive performances
TUESDAY evening's North Norfolk Wheelers' time trial saw some outstanding performances with eight of the 15 riders achieving personal bests: Dorsett, Knowles, Platts, Needham, Griffiths, Thorold and Kempson.
TUESDAY evening's North Norfolk Wheelers' time trial saw some outstanding performances with eight of the 15 riders achieving personal bests: Dorsett, Knowles, Platts, Needham, Griffiths, Thorold and Kempson. Additionally, Will Dorsett broke his own course record.
Lawrence Wright missed the race as he was preparing for a 12-hour ride on Sunday and Steve Rush had just returned from completing successfully in a 24-hour time trial, completing 365 miles in the time.
Another club regular missing from the line-up was Karl Read who had just competed well in a 10-mile time trial in Cambridge.
He put in his best time for the season of 21:57 despite appalling weather conditions which saw many of the riders off their best times.
Actual times: Dorsett 33:03 (pb) (cr), Carter 36:06, Knowles 37:17 (pb), Turner 38:18, Platts 38:26 (pb), Bacon 38:38, Needham 39:36 (pb), Poulter 39:40, Griffiths 40:30 (pb), Thorold 41:27 (pb), Kempson 41:32 (pb), Findlay 42:53, Wightman 43:10, Holland 44:40
Performance handicap times: (Based on 33 minutes) Dorsett 31:16, Knowles 31:43, Needham 31:58, Thorold 32:06, Griffiths 32:07, Platts 32:33, Holland 32:52, Turner 33:23, Findlay 33:50, Poulter 33:57.
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 4 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 5 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 6 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 7 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 8 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 9 'Rainbow of rhodies' puts on stunning display at Sheringham Park
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles