Wheelers' season ends on a high
The 2008 time trialling season ended on a high note all round.On Saturday 40 North Norfolk Wheelers club members, partners and family met at the Ship Inn, Weybourne to celebrate another successful season.
The 2008 time trialling season ended on a high note all round.
On Saturday 40 North Norfolk Wheelers club members, partners and family met at the Ship Inn, Weybourne to celebrate another successful season. A great evening was had by all - even those who were taking part in the 18½ mile hilly time trial the next morning. A particular thank you went to Terry and his staff.
On Sunday, 14 time triallers met at the Splash on a beautiful autumn morning to take part in the time trial. Eight of those 14 achieved personal bests - Clark, Davison, Etheridge, Griffiths, McVeigh, Newson, Platts and Porter. Congratulations went to Rivett who was riding in his first ever 18½ mile hilly and put in an excellent time of 57min 51sec.
18.5 mile Hilly Time Trial: Dorsett 46:22, Porter 48:16 (pb), Empson 48:52, Davison 49:48 (pb), Frost 51:32, Clark 52:49 (pb), Platts 54:03 (pb), Etheridge 55:18 (pb), Rivett 57:51, Rush 58:06, Newson 58:11 (pb), Chapman 58:42, Griffiths 58:52 (pb), McVeigh 60:28 (pb).
You may also want to watch:
Handicapped Times: Newson 42:15, McVeigh 45:26, Clark 47:1, Platts 49:09, Davison 49:34, Griffiths 49:52, Etheridge 49:58, Dorsett 50:45, Rush 52:14.
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 6 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m