Wheelers not superstitious
North Norfolk WheelersThirteen proved to be lucky for Karl Read who won the 15-mile time trial on May 13.Wearing No 13, he beat Graham Davison by 13 seconds, putting in a personal best time of 36mins 16secs.
North Norfolk Wheelers
Thirteen proved to be lucky for Karl Read who won the 15-mile time trial on May 13.
Wearing No 13, he beat Graham Davison by 13 seconds, putting in a personal best time of 36mins 16secs.
May 13 also proved lucky for five other riders who performed personal best times - Graham Davison, Brian Platts, Clive Edmonds, Nick Poulter and Dave Griffiths - and four riders who successfully negotiated this tricky distance for the first time - Barry Wright, Guy Thorold, Jack Clark and Steve Rush.
You may also want to watch:
Next week will be a real test of the riders' speed and stamina with two 10 mile time trials only one day apart, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
The numbers on the Saturday club run to Stalham were depleted - no doubt because of the cup final - but the riders had an enjoyable visit to the Open Studios day where club member John Etheridge was exhibiting.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?
15 Mile Time Trial, May 13 - Times: K Read 36:16 pb, G Davison 36:29 pb, C Hunt 37:07, R Turner 38:02, J Clark 38:52, P Granger(Oxford) 38:58, S Rush 39:27, B Platts 39:33 pb, C Edmonds 40:00 pb, J Colborne (W Norfolk) 40:27, N Poulter 41:48 pb, C Rowe 41:58, A Findlay 42:08, D Griffiths 43:37 pb, B Wright 44.27, G Thorold 46:42.
Handicapped times: C Read 30:22, G Davison 31:23, D Griffiths 32:14, A Findlay 32:18, B Platts 32:24, N Poulter 32:46, C Hunt 33:14, R Turner 33:32, C Rowe 36:39.