Wheelers not superstitious
North Norfolk WheelersThirteen proved to be lucky for Karl Read who won the 15-mile time trial on May 13.Wearing No 13, he beat Graham Davison by 13 seconds, putting in a personal best time of 36mins 16secs.
North Norfolk Wheelers
Thirteen proved to be lucky for Karl Read who won the 15-mile time trial on May 13.
Wearing No 13, he beat Graham Davison by 13 seconds, putting in a personal best time of 36mins 16secs.
May 13 also proved lucky for five other riders who performed personal best times - Graham Davison, Brian Platts, Clive Edmonds, Nick Poulter and Dave Griffiths - and four riders who successfully negotiated this tricky distance for the first time - Barry Wright, Guy Thorold, Jack Clark and Steve Rush.
Next week will be a real test of the riders' speed and stamina with two 10 mile time trials only one day apart, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
The numbers on the Saturday club run to Stalham were depleted - no doubt because of the cup final - but the riders had an enjoyable visit to the Open Studios day where club member John Etheridge was exhibiting.
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 4 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 5 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 8 Soaring cost-of-living among objections to car park charge rises
- 9 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 10 Seaside ramp reopens following restoration work after erosion
15 Mile Time Trial, May 13 - Times: K Read 36:16 pb, G Davison 36:29 pb, C Hunt 37:07, R Turner 38:02, J Clark 38:52, P Granger(Oxford) 38:58, S Rush 39:27, B Platts 39:33 pb, C Edmonds 40:00 pb, J Colborne (W Norfolk) 40:27, N Poulter 41:48 pb, C Rowe 41:58, A Findlay 42:08, D Griffiths 43:37 pb, B Wright 44.27, G Thorold 46:42.
Handicapped times: C Read 30:22, G Davison 31:23, D Griffiths 32:14, A Findlay 32:18, B Platts 32:24, N Poulter 32:46, C Hunt 33:14, R Turner 33:32, C Rowe 36:39.