Wheelers meet hill challenge
THE most gruelling time trial for the North Norfolk Wheelers is the 18.5 mile hilly time trial around the hills of Weybourne and Sheringham. Riders turned out in record numbers for this point in the season to face the challenge.
THE most gruelling time trial for the North Norfolk Wheelers is the 18.5 mile hilly time trial around the hills of Weybourne and Sheringham. Riders turned out in record numbers for this point in the season to face the challenge. Twenty-two time trialists took up the challenge.
The fastest time was posted by Adrian Porter, a guest rider from King's Lynn who averaged an incredible 22.9mph. Nearly all of the riders averaged in excess of 17mph.
The season is showing great promise with many of the riders putting in excellent times - Graham Davison, Nick Poulter, Luke Chapman and John Hayward putting in personal bests and Francis Glazebrook posting 50.40 on his first ride
on the course - but some still need to shake off the effects of a long winter.
You may also want to watch:
The next 10-miler is going back to basics, with no special wheels, tri bars or aero
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 4 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 5 Special report: Future of Holt Hall hangs in balance ahead of recommendation to close it
- 6 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road
For more information on the time trial and club runs visit the Wheelers website at www.nnwheelers.co.uk
Sunday, April 11,18.5 mile hilly time trial.
Actual Times: Porter (King's Lynn) 48:42 (pb), Davison 50:14, Frost (API) 50.17, Glazebrook 50:40, Hunt 51:30, Spillman (Tri Anglia) 52:03, Wright 52:31, Andrew Knowles 53:17, Poulter 53:59 (pb), Rivett 55:45, Platts 56:01, Rush 56:04, Tyler 56:20, Chapman 56:44 (pb), Hayward 59:02 (pb), Griffiths 60:00, McVeigh 61:20, Edmonds 61:45, Thorold 61:57, Holland 62:00, Foster 71:07
Performance Handicap times on an estimated finish time of 45m: Hunt 42:53, Chapman 43:02, Hayward 43:15, Poulter 43:16, Rivett 45:05, Rush 45:12, Griffiths 45:23, Holland 45:27, McVeigh 45:32, Davison 46:15, Platts 46:58, Knowles 47:35, Thorold 48:50.