Wheelers in time trials
North Norfolk WheelersRIDERS competed in two time trials, one on Sunday and the other on Tuesday. Both were raced over 10 miles, but that is where the similarity ends.
North Norfolk Wheelers
RIDERS competed in two time trials, one on Sunday and the other on Tuesday. Both were raced over 10 miles, but that is where the similarity ends.
Sunday morning's time trial was raced in gale force, gusty winds and only 12 stout hearts rose early to race.
This time trial was one of the slowest of the season for all the riders except Guy Thorold, who achieved a personal best time of 30:04.
You may also want to watch:
Two new riders participated - Ian Brown and Martin Clark, father of the club's excellent young rider Jack Clark - and both completed the course in good times considering the difficult weather conditions. Paul Bailey, Alistair Findlay and Brian Platts all rode the course on fixed gear.
What a difference two days made. Tuesday evening's time trial was raced on a lovely sunny, still evening.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?
It proved to be one of the fastest 10-mile time trials of the season, with 11 of the 15 riders achieving either personal or season best times. The racing really does seem to get better every week.
Sunday, June 22
Actual times: Bailey 24:46, Hunt 25:27, Platts 26:07, Etheridge 26:26, Knowles 26:45, J Clark 27:27, Griffiths 27:57, Findlay 28:00, Wright 28:34, Thorold 30:04(PB), Brown 31:58, M Clark 32:24.
Handicapped times: Thorold 21:41, Etheridge 22:33, Wright 22:43, Bailey 22:43, Griffiths 23:11, Knowles 23:11, Platts 23:12, Findlay 23:18, Hunt 23:55, Clark 24:54.
Tuesday, June 24
Actual times: Hunt 23:19 (SPB),Davison 23:23, Edmonds 24:46 (SPB), Clark 24:55, Moody 25:18, Rush 25:23 (SPB), Knowles 25:26 (SPB), Etheridge 25:35 (SPB), Spencer 25:41 (SPB), Davey 26:25, Griffiths 26:35 (SPB), Wright 27:14 (PB), Newson 28:09 (PB), McVeigh 28:42 (SPB), Thorold 29:20 (PB).
Handicapped times: Thorold 21:16, Edmonds 21:22, Wright 21:23, Etheridge 21:42, Hunt 21:47, Griffiths 21:49, Knowles 21:52, Spencer 21:52, McVeigh 21:55, Rush 21:59, Davison 22:14, Clark 22:22.