Wheelers duo set hot pace
The North Norfolk Wheelers had two events in a week - a 10-mile time trial and a 2up 10-mile time trial.The 2up time trial can either be completed by two riders riding solo as a team, or on a tandem.
The North Norfolk Wheelers had two events in a week - a 10-mile time trial and a 2up 10-mile time trial.
The 2up time trial can either be completed by two riders riding solo as a team, or on a tandem. Alan Holland and Dave Griffiths rode tandem and benefited from Holland's tandem experience and Griffiths' faster time-trial time.
The other riders chose to ride solo as pairs and their times show clearly the greater turn of speed you get by sharing the load at the front and recovering in the slip stream.
The club members have been busy entering other cycling events around the area. Particular congratulations are due to Jack Clark, one of the club's teenage members, and Graham Davison.
You may also want to watch:
Clark won the Lotus Car Cycle League under the North Norfolk Wheelers colours. There were 10 races over 10 weeks and Clark entered nine and won three, amassing an excellent 113 points, while the second place rider came in with 85 points.
In true Tour de France style, he received a yellow jersey and bunch of flowers at the presentation evening.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 3 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 9 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
- 10 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
Davison completed the ABC 25-mile time trial in a personal best time of 58:47. Ray Turner and Brian Platts also completed the ABC 25 in excellent times of 59:41 and 63:47 respectively.
July 8 actual times: Davison 23:32, Bailey 23:52, Turner 24:21, Edmonds 24:53,Platts 25:17, Clark 25:27, Rush 25:47, Knowles 26:02, Poulter 26:07, Spencer 26:15, Wright 26:34 (pb), Dann 26:47, Griffiths 26:58, Holland 28:31, Laws 28:32, Thorold 28:40 (pb), Brown 29:36 (spb).
Handicapped times: Thorold 21:20, Wright 21:20, Bailey 21:49, Edmonds 22:07, Holland 22:13, Platts 22:22, Davison 22:23, Griffiths 22:23, Rush 22:24, Spencer 22:34, Turner 22:35, Poulter 22:35, Knowles 22:23, Clark 22:54.
July 10 actual times: Read/Dorset 22:03, Bailey/Hunt 23:35, Clark/Edmonds 23:54, Holland/Griffiths 24:33, Spencer/Knowles 24:37, Nelson/McKenzie 26:39, Wheatley/McVeigh 29:57, Lacey 27:04, Rivett 27:56.