Wheelers battle the weather
Valiant riders, not only from the North Norfolk Wheelers, but all over the country, completed the Norwich 50 and 100-mile charity bike rides in the most appalling weather conditions.
Valiant riders, not only from the North Norfolk Wheelers, but all over the country, completed the Norwich 50 and 100-mile charity bike rides in the most appalling weather conditions. Congratulations to all of them for their endurance and generosity.
Fortunately, the 18 riders who turned out for the regular 10-mile time trial last Tuesday evening enjoyed much better weather, as the good times show.
The Wheelers' time trials continue to attract a growing band of contestants and this week they were pleased to see a guest junior complete his first time trial in an excellent 28:26.
This season is proving to be one of the most highly competitive, as predicted, and there is no clear front runner at this point, with everything still to ride for.
You may also want to watch:
10-mile time trial, June 2 (actual times): Rushmore 22:21, Davison 23:29, Hunt 23:42, Read 23:53, L Wright 24:09, Turner 24:10, Holyoake 24:32. Essex (f) 24:33, Rush 24:46, Platts 25:00, Clark 25:43, Rivett 26:00. Etheridge 26:01, Poulter 26:09, Griffiths 27:19, Thorold 27:53, Churchill (guest junior) 28:26, I Brown 28:30. Handicapped times: I Brown 20:55, Turner 20:56, Thorold=Etheridge 21:04, Platts 21:07, Clark 21:13, Rivett 21:18, Davison=Poulter 21:22, Read 21:23, Hunt 21:27, Rush 21:32, Griffiths 21:41.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Dream Lodge bosses face trial for wrongful trading
- 4 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road