Weather helps time trialists
North Norfolk WheelersON a balmy summer's evening 22 cyclists competed in the 10-mile time trial from Thursford.With the excellent weather assisting riders who are reaching peak fitness, some excellent times were recorded with over half the field achieving personal or season best times.
North Norfolk Wheelers
ON a balmy summer's evening 22 cyclists competed in the 10-mile time trial from Thursford.
With the excellent weather assisting riders who are reaching peak fitness, some excellent times were recorded with over half the field achieving personal or season best times.
Steve Rush and Barry Wright both achieved personal best times and Barry also lead the field on handicapped time.
You may also want to watch:
Nine riders achieved season personal bests (Will Dorsett, Graham Davison, Brian Platts, Clive Edmonds, Steve Rush, Nick Poulter, John Etheridge, Dave Griffiths, Mark McVeigh and Alisdair McKenzie).
Competition for the best 10x10-mile time trials trophy is fierce, and
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 6 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 7 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 10 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
although Dave Griffiths is finding his form he will have to dig deep if he is going to beat off some very strong competition to retain his title.
Chris Hunt did not finish, having slipped his chain at the beginning of the time trial.
It was the first race of the season for Clare Jonas, Andrew Knowles and Tom Moody and all performed extremely well. It was good to see Tom Moody back, having first been a member of the club over 20 years ago.
It was also encouraging to have a lady rider and it is hoped this will persuade all those other lady time trialists to join the Wheelers.
Congratulations went to the many North Norfolk Wheelers who completed the Norwich 100 and 50 support of the British Heart Foundation.
Tuesday, 10 May
Times: Dorsett (SPB) 21:54, Rushmore 21:57, Davison (SPB) 23:09, Long 23:14, Turner 24:24, Platts (SPB) 24:55, Edmonds (SPB) 25:24, Rush (SPB) 25:24, Clark 25:32, Poulter (SPB) 25:32, Knowles 25:34, Spencer 25:49, Etheridge (SPB) 25:53, Moody 26:22, Griffiths (SPB) 26:46, Findlay 26:56, Wright (PB) 27:51, Holland (SPB) 28:18, McVeigh (SPB) 28:47, Newson 29:00, McKenzie (SPB) 29:07, Clare Jones 30:06.
Handicapped Times: Wright 20:21, Poulter 21:02, Etheridge 21:12, Griffiths 21:19, Platts 21:20, McVeigh 21:23, Holland 21:29, Spencer 21:35, Dorsett 21:42, Davison 21:42, McKenzie 21:45, Rushmore 21:47, Edmonds 21:54,
Rush 21:59, Findlay 22:14, Turner 22:38, Clark 22:59.