Warriors unbeaten in league
Sheringham Youth U14 1, Sheringham Warriors U14 4SHERINGHAM WARRIORS became North East Norfolk Youth League U14 champions before this match, but the game was vitally important for them, as long as they did not lose they would have gone through the league season undefeated.
Sheringham Youth U14 1, Sheringham Warriors U14 4
SHERINGHAM WARRIORS became North East Norfolk Youth League U14 champions before this match, but the game was vitally important for them, as long as they did not lose they would have gone through the league season undefeated.
The Warriors got off to a good start with the whole team looking lively after a near three-week break, Jodi Norris was as usual putting himself about up front, with Jacob Knowles and Will Parker down the left causing a lot of problems for the opposition.
Shane Cox sitting as the team's midfield general, controlled the centre of the park with Harry Carrington and Cameron Humphrey supporting him well and driving forward whenever possible.
You may also want to watch:
The Warriors took the lead when Jodi Norris picked up the ball in the penalty area and drove it under the Sheringham keeper. He made it 2-0 when he latched onto a ball from Cameron, took it down and rifled it into the corner of the net.
The Warriors' back four had to deal with a lot of high balls due to the constrains of the pitch, but as usual Josh Dyde, Tommy Bywater, Tom Harrison and Ali Burghall were in outstanding form repelling any Sheringham attack. Jacob Knowles made it 3-0 just before half-time when he raced clear down the left and hit a venomous shot into the goal.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 6 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 7 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 10 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
In the second half the Warriors mixed the team up, Tom Todd came on and hit the woodwork, Tom Dorey also had a chance which just went over the bar and Josh Glister had a chance that just shaved the post.
The Warriors made it 4-0 with a sublime move when Shane picked out Cameron who in turn picked out Jacob who again hit a shot which the keeper could not save. To finish with the Warriors played the defence up front with Josh Dyde out left, Tommy B out right and Ali Burghall up front, with each one unlucky not to grab themselves a goal. John Reynolds in goal had had a quiet match and had dealt with everything that he had to, but with the defence shifted about Sheringham grabbed themselves a goal.
In the end the Warriors finished the league season unbeaten and with the championship, and with a League Cup final to look forward to.