Walsham all set for start
ALL North Walsham's pre-season training and warm-up matches are complete and now comes the serious business of league rugby. The programme planners have handed them a couple of home games and so the season kicks off with the visit of Sutton and Epsom, one of only two sides that Walsham 'doubled' during what was for both clubs a shaky campaign.
ALL North Walsham's pre-season training and warm-up matches are complete and now comes the serious business of league rugby.
The programme planners have handed them a couple of home games and so the season kicks off with the visit of Sutton and Epsom, one of only two sides that Walsham 'doubled' during what was for both clubs a shaky campaign.
For the Scottow side the pre-season went well culminating with the visit of National Two side Southend last Saturday with the Seasiders narrowly winning, by just a handful of points, what was a very tight and competitive match.
Walsham go into the new campaign with a squad that shows a few changes.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Clifford and Richie Howlett have moved into further education, Tom Browes is joining the services, Al Turner, Mike Rout and Lee Summers have gone to Wymondham.
Incoming are Josh Goldsmith, a powerful back row from Lowestoft who had a spell with Leicester Academy, flanker Tom Coller and back Bruce van Poorliet have joined from Wymondham and Holt respectively, and keen to prove that they have the ability to play further up the league pyramid.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
The pack will be further strengthened by the return of a couple of Scottow stalwarts, Gideon Rossouw who spent last season at Diss and Grant Furlong, Ealing, who between them have notched up 235 appearances (255 points) for Walsham.
The Walsham second string, Raiders, have at last what appears to be a truly meaningful fixture list with their opposition, with a couple of exceptions, the second string of the Vikings' opponents at the same location. Kick-off on Saturday is at 3pm.
The Warriors meanwhile travel to Cambridge to play in the Heineken 10s.