Vikings venture into unknown
FOR the second time in three weeks North Walsham venture into unknown territory when they make their first visit to Tring.The Hertfordshire side had been knocking on the door of London One for a couple of seasons finally making it at the end of the 07-08 campaign.
FOR the second time in three weeks North Walsham venture into unknown territory when they make their first visit to Tring.
The Hertfordshire side had been knocking on the door of London One for a couple of seasons finally making it at the end of the 07-08 campaign. So with little or nothing known about them by the Walsham players and coaches the game will have to be one where they decide on their strategy and try to impose themselves from the get go.
The coaching team had a few points to work on from last week. Although the side played a well-structured game, some of the first-up tackling was not up to scratch despite a 22-5 win over Sutton & Epsom.
Tom Browes twice dislocated a finger during the Sutton game but strapping should deal with that. The re-vamped back row with Jonny Stephenson in for the injured Chris Godwin worked well with No 8 Chris Kent's hard straight running causing problems. It seems unlikely that there will be changes.
You may also want to watch:
The second string, the Raiders lost to Hertford last week and are currently without a game, but the rejuvenated Warriors were impressive at Thetford winning 45-7 and with the first team on the road will be entertaining Watton at Scottow (ko 3pm) in a Woodfordes Merit Table game.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 8 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 9 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast