Vikings fight for survival
North Walsham rugby preview
Three games left and the prospects for North Walsham's survival do not look too promising, but whenever they have been in a similar position the emphasis has always been simply on the next game and how to win it.
Unfortunately the weather problems early in the season have dictated that the games with Bracknell come back to back and having been beaten at home last week Nick Greenhall and his fellow coaches will have to come up with a plan that will give them a chance of reversing last Saturday's result.
Team selection will be difficult with two key players, prop John Pymm and second row Leon Davies unavailable as they are both serving at RAF Marham and expecting to be deployed to the Mediterranean at short notice.
With prop Dom Roberts who had arguably his best game last week unavailable there is likely to be a shift in the front row.
You may also want to watch:
Hooker Mark McCall is champing at the bit and hoping to get the all clear to play having recovered from a broken arm. If he comes back in Mike Henry could move to prop with Tim Weber again on the bench. Tom Coller can move up to replace Davies and Will Crossley filling the number eight shirt.
In the backs Lee Sandberg should return at scrum half but Jamie Burroughs suffered a recurrence of a shoulder injury and must be doubtful.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 7 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 8 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
Adie Ball is due back in training following a hand injury and could slot back in but the call might go to Adam Couzens or Alex Graf-Grote to come up from College.
The Warriors are travelling to Watton for a Merit Table game having had last Saturday off.
On Sunday the Under-17's travel to Brentwood in the semi-final of the London Division Bowl competition.