Unlikely win for Bradfield
BRADFIELD almost pulled off an unlikely win over Sprowston after one of their worst batting displays for years.In Alliance division One, on a good wicket and after a solid start with 41-1 reached in the ninth over Bradfield collapsed to 78-8 in the 23rd.
BRADFIELD almost pulled off an unlikely win over Sprowston after one of their worst batting displays for years.
In Alliance division One, on a good wicket and after a solid start with 41-1 reached in the ninth over Bradfield collapsed to 78-8 in the 23rd. Rhys Holmes produced his best knock to date for Bradfield, 39 not out, helped by Shaun Holmes (12). They put on 40 for the last wicket to take the score up to 134. Steve Bidewell (20) and Dave Yarham (13) were the only other batsman to reach double figures. S Hales took 6-53 off 10.
Sprowston had an extra 10 overs to score the required runs but Bradfield's opening bowlers R Holmes and veteran E Locke reduced them to 6-3 and then 76-7.
Then G Roff produced a captain's innings of 40 not out and guided his side home helped by U Hussain in an unbroken partnership of 59.
You may also want to watch:
For Bradfield, R Holmes finished with 3-38 and E Locke with 4-39.
Bradfield man of the match sponsored by Credo Asset Finance was Eddie Locke.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
On Saturday, Bradfield travel to Brooke.