Unlikely win for Bradfield
BRADFIELD almost pulled off an unlikely win over Sprowston after one of their worst batting displays for years.In Alliance division One, on a good wicket and after a solid start with 41-1 reached in the ninth over Bradfield collapsed to 78-8 in the 23rd.
BRADFIELD almost pulled off an unlikely win over Sprowston after one of their worst batting displays for years.
In Alliance division One, on a good wicket and after a solid start with 41-1 reached in the ninth over Bradfield collapsed to 78-8 in the 23rd. Rhys Holmes produced his best knock to date for Bradfield, 39 not out, helped by Shaun Holmes (12). They put on 40 for the last wicket to take the score up to 134. Steve Bidewell (20) and Dave Yarham (13) were the only other batsman to reach double figures. S Hales took 6-53 off 10.
Sprowston had an extra 10 overs to score the required runs but Bradfield's opening bowlers R Holmes and veteran E Locke reduced them to 6-3 and then 76-7.
Then G Roff produced a captain's innings of 40 not out and guided his side home helped by U Hussain in an unbroken partnership of 59.
You may also want to watch:
For Bradfield, R Holmes finished with 3-38 and E Locke with 4-39.
Bradfield man of the match sponsored by Credo Asset Finance was Eddie Locke.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 3 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 4 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
On Saturday, Bradfield travel to Brooke.