Two excellent wins for Cromer FC

North Walsham 0 Cromer 8

Cromer made the short trip to take on North Walsham under the lights. Shaun Cameron returned to the starting line-up as did Dale Wilton following injury. John Curtis also made his first appearance in a Cromer shirt for a few months having spent most of the season at Thetford.

The first minute saw Cromer come close to scoring when Karl Horton put the ball through for Dave Matthews whose cross found Curtis who saw his effort blocked. The hosts were being penned back and Antoni Fawkes flicked on for Matthews to square to Wilton but he fired over.

Cromer made their early dominance count when they grabbed the lead in the ninth minute. Sam Applegate played the ball into the box from deep and it found Cameron in space in front of goal and the Crabs defender finished first time from close range.

The visitors were able to grab two more goals in the final five minutes of the half. Number two came when Wilton played the ball through to Fawkes who coolly lobbed the ball over the onrushing keeper. Sharpe then denied Fawkes before it was 3-0 when Wilton's cross found Fawkes who unselfishly laid it to Curtis for a simple finish.

Cromer started the second half with the same dominance shown in the first and finally made it 4-0 when Wilton laid the ball to the unmarked Matthews who coolly slotted home. The number of efforts at goal for the visitors was now well into double figures and this continued.

On 73 minutes Applegate found the forward run of Eves who was through one on one with Sharpe but couldn't find the net. Moments later Cromer got the fifth. Terrington gave it to Matthews who in turn laid it to Wilton who used his pace to get away from the marker and then finish.

Most Read

In the final 15 minutes Cromer continued to bombard the Walsham goal. They got their got their sixth when Davison again got forward and picked out Matthews. His shot was saved but was only pushed out to Terrington for a simple tap-in.

On 88 minutes the visitors made it 7-0. Applegate turned defence into attack before playing it forward to Terrington who flicked onto Matthews.

There were acres of space to go into and with Wilton in support he unselfishly he laid it to the winger who fired past Sharpe.

In the 90th minute Cromer were awarded a penalty when the ball struck the hand of Corbould but the spot-kick was put wide by Horton. The final action saw an eighth goal. Ross Joy's shot was an easy claim for Jackson who quickly launched a drop kick for Wilton to chase and blast past Sharpe to complete his hat trick.

North Walsham: Sharpe, Amey, Joy, Wheeler, Corbould, Jones, Trett, Wagge, Wesby, Dyke, Tipple. Subs: Gilmour, Ellis, Drake.

Cromer: Jackson, M Jordan (Davison), Applegate, Cameron (Cullington), S Jordan, Eves, Wilton, Horton, Matthews, Fawkes (D Terrington), Curtis.

Dersingham Rovers 1 Cromer Town 5

Cromer made the trip to West Norfolk in what was arguably the toughest of their remaining fixtures. Nothing less than victory would do as they looked to keep up the pressure on leaders Acle. There was just one change with Simon Freemantle starting in place of the injured John Curtis.

The visitors got off the the best possible start when they were awarded a penalty after 12 minutes. Dale Wilton played the ball inside to Freemantle who then gave it back to Wilton and Paul English then brought him down in the box. Shaun Cameron came forward to take the spot-kick and slotted home.

On 39 minutes Cromer got a vital second. Matthews brought down Karl Horton's driven corner and he laid it back to the incoming Matthews Eves who from 25 yards rocketed the ball into the top right corner.

In first half-time added on the home side grabbed a lifeline and a possible route back into the game. Danny Jezeph made a run down the right and delivered a teasing cross that was put in by the sliding Gary English from close range.

Despite getting the goal just on half time the home side never looked like getting back level and Cromer re-established the two goal advantage. Wilton gave the ball inside to Matthews who played the ball into the path of Fawkes who rounded Hails and slotted home.

Cromer made it 4-1 on 72 minutes when goalkeeper Hails wanted too much time to clear and was closed down by the dogged Matthews and the blocked clearance fell findly for Wilton to convert.

Minutes later the away side got a fifth to secure the points. Horton found Wilton who controlled well and got inside the penalty area where English fouled him. Eves stepped up to coolly slot past Hails for his second of the afternoon.

Cromer: Jackson, M Jordan, Applegate, Cameron (Bradshaw), S Jordan, Eves, Wilton, Horton, Matthews, Fawkes (D Terrington), Freemantle (Davison).