Trimingham Pilgrims hit back to make progress in League Cup
- Credit: Archant
Trimingham Pilgrims travelled to Mulbarton to face The Middle Green in a League Cup tie.
They took the lead on the half hour when George Crane curled in a corner from the left and Tyrone Bowles converted at the far post.
The home side pressed early in the second half and were rewarded with an equaliser but the visitors took control in the last quarter.
Jordan Tipple cut into the penalty box and saw his effort blocked but George Crane followed up to send a blistering shot into the roof of the net.
Minutes later Liam Amos picked up the ball in his own half and raced forward, outstripping three defenders before clipping the ball past the keeper into the top right corner to secure a 3-1 victory.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Gabriel tried to outdo Liam with a lung bursting run from deep in his own half but was crowded out by defenders while Pilgrims keeper Leigh Brown made some excellent saves.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer