Trimingham and Runton go on amazing goal sprees
- Credit: Archant
Trimingham Pilgrims and Runton United both went goal crazy at the weekend.
Visiting bottom side Cellar House in the Norwich Sunday League, Pilgrims returned home with a club record 20-0 success, Chewy Smith leading the way with a triple hat-trick.
The previous day Runton had travelled to Hickling in the Walcott Lighthouse Inn NEN League and come away with a 17-1 victory.
Player/manager Antoni Fawkes got Pilgrims off to a great start, scoring three times in the first 15 minutes, and then strike partner Smith repeated the feat with a quick fire hat-trick. Mark Jennings lashed home number seven and then George Crane worked an opening for himself to make it eight. Smith lobbed the keeper for his fourth goal and put his side into double figures after scoring with the last kick of the half.
Within a minute of the restart Smith completed a double hat-trick and James Farrow had been on the pitch for around 10 minutes when he scored with a low shot. Smith chipped the keeper again and then dribbled his way through before shooting low into the net for his eighth goal.
George Crane headed his second and then Adam Buckenham cut in from the right before firing home. Chris Winterbone found the far corner and then Rob Davis got in on the act, scoring twice before Smith completed the rout.
The top two sides in the Sanders Coaches Division One of the NEN League were very much among the goals. Leaders Runton went on a shooting spree away at Hickling, hitting 17, and Haisboro Athletic, at home to East Ruston, recorded an 8-3 success.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 4 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 5 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 8 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 9 £500,000 public toilet plan gets green light
- 10 Norwich woman writes a "truthful and heartbreaking" film about abuse
Gimingham, at home to Erpingham recorded a 6-2 win (Wayne Cutting 4, Michael Reynold and Ali Thurston) with Shane Smith netting a brace in reply. Goals from Aiden Robinson and Shaun Stephens gave Southrepps an odd goal win of three away at Holt Reserves, Craig Powley scoring for the hosts. Felmingham and Aylsham A shared the points in a 2-2 draw.
In the Knights Trophies Division Two, North Walsham A won 6-0 away at Holt Colts, Stalham A returned home from Erpingham Reserves 5-0 winners and Bacton scored a 6-1 success at home to the Greshams.