Top tips for youngsters
Sheringham Cricket Club youth indoor coaching starts on January 30 at Gresham's School sports hall.
Sessions are split into age groups — session one for those up to and including School Year 6 (11 years and under). This session starts at 6 and finishes at 7.30pm.
Session two is for those in School Year 7 to 10 (under 15) starts at 7.30 and finishes at 9.
The sessions continue fortnightly up to Easter. Girls and boys are welcome, regardless of ability. So if the Ashes has inspired you to have a go, come along and have a try.
This is an opportunity to improve your skills and learn new ones ready for the summer season.
You may also want to watch:
Sheringham CC runs three youth sides as well as three adult sides and joins with Cromer Cricket club for the girls' side. Further information can be obtained from Darryl or Stuart Smith on 01263 825176.
Senior training sessions start on February 6 at Gresham's School, these are aimed at those in school Years 11 and above and adults.
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 6 Most villagers back military training overhead despite noise
- 7 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 8 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 9 Town lido among schemes put forward in funding bid
- 10 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
The club welcomes new and returning players who are interested in just training or playing for one of the three competitive sides that run during the summer season. Further information can be obtained from Chris Moy, club secretary on 07747 111033.
Meanwhile, Cromer Cricket Club is holding its annual meeting tomorrow (Friday), at 7pm in the clubhouse.