Top tips for youngsters
Sheringham Cricket Club youth indoor coaching starts on January 30 at Gresham's School sports hall.
Sessions are split into age groups — session one for those up to and including School Year 6 (11 years and under). This session starts at 6 and finishes at 7.30pm.
Session two is for those in School Year 7 to 10 (under 15) starts at 7.30 and finishes at 9.
The sessions continue fortnightly up to Easter. Girls and boys are welcome, regardless of ability. So if the Ashes has inspired you to have a go, come along and have a try.
This is an opportunity to improve your skills and learn new ones ready for the summer season.
You may also want to watch:
Sheringham CC runs three youth sides as well as three adult sides and joins with Cromer Cricket club for the girls' side. Further information can be obtained from Darryl or Stuart Smith on 01263 825176.
Senior training sessions start on February 6 at Gresham's School, these are aimed at those in school Years 11 and above and adults.
- 1 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 2 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 3 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 5 Welcome to our new website
- 6 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 7 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 8 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 9 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 10 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
The club welcomes new and returning players who are interested in just training or playing for one of the three competitive sides that run during the summer season. Further information can be obtained from Chris Moy, club secretary on 07747 111033.
Meanwhile, Cromer Cricket Club is holding its annual meeting tomorrow (Friday), at 7pm in the clubhouse.