Top tips for youngsters
Sheringham Cricket Club youth indoor coaching starts on January 30 at Gresham's School sports hall.
Sessions are split into age groups — session one for those up to and including School Year 6 (11 years and under). This session starts at 6 and finishes at 7.30pm.
Session two is for those in School Year 7 to 10 (under 15) starts at 7.30 and finishes at 9.
The sessions continue fortnightly up to Easter. Girls and boys are welcome, regardless of ability. So if the Ashes has inspired you to have a go, come along and have a try.
This is an opportunity to improve your skills and learn new ones ready for the summer season.
Sheringham CC runs three youth sides as well as three adult sides and joins with Cromer Cricket club for the girls' side. Further information can be obtained from Darryl or Stuart Smith on 01263 825176.
Senior training sessions start on February 6 at Gresham's School, these are aimed at those in school Years 11 and above and adults.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 5 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
The club welcomes new and returning players who are interested in just training or playing for one of the three competitive sides that run during the summer season. Further information can be obtained from Chris Moy, club secretary on 07747 111033.
Meanwhile, Cromer Cricket Club is holding its annual meeting tomorrow (Friday), at 7pm in the clubhouse.