Time trial to remember
AT the end of a warm, sunny Tuesday a record number of time-trialists turned out to make it a North Norfolk Wheelers event to remember.Twenty-four riders took on the 10-mile circuit between Thursford and Fakenham.
AT the end of a warm, sunny Tuesday a record number of time-trialists turned out to make it a North Norfolk Wheelers event to remember.
Twenty-four riders took on the 10-mile circuit between Thursford and Fakenham.
Geoff Paice and Chris Knowles really had their work cut out: with so many riders putting in such fast times they just managed to reach the finish line, some half-mile away, before the riders started arriving home.
With just seconds between riders they do a fantastic job every week recording times.
The standard of riding was exceptional, with all but one completing the course in less than 30 minutes.
Mark Arnold broke the course record, Nick Rivett achieved a personal best and four riders beat their best time of last season. Unfortunately, Alan Holland and Nino Picelli both punctured: Nino was on target to break the course record with a sub 20 minutes.
- 1 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 30-year-old to take over as district council leader
- 4 New group's bid to take over Holt Hall
- 5 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 6 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 7 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 8 Sheringham councillor memorialised at The Reef
- 9 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 10 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
The standard of time trialing is exceptional this season with only one minute 21 secs separating the riders in the performance handicap.
Laurence Wright was fresh from knocking 20 seconds off his personal best at the Norlon Combine 10 mile time trial the previous Sunday, completing the course in just 22:13 in wet and windy conditions. He is obviously flying as he achieved his best time ever on the home course on the Tuesday.
Tuesday, 27 April 2010 - 10-mile time trial
Actual times: Arnold (API Bikes) 21:07 (course record), Rushmore 22:07, Long 22:42, Wright 22:51, Davison 23:02, Read 23:11, Glazebrook 24:11, Essex (f) 24:13, Hyde 24:26, Rush 24:34, Hicks 24:36, Knowles 24:41, Clark 24:45, Platts 24:53, Rivett 25:10 (pb), Poulter 25:31, Griffiths 26:52, Thorold 27:42, Findlay 27:45, McVeigh 28:50, Bolam 29:13, Myell 32:23.
Performance handicap times: Wright 20:24, Rivett 20:28, Read 20:41, Platts 21:00, Knowles 21:05, Poulter=McVeigh 21:08, Davison 21:10, Essex 21:12, Rush =Clark 21:20, Griffiths 21:39, Thorold 21:42, Findlay 21:45.