Thompson rescues Wroxham
Wroxham 4, Ipswich Wanderers 2THIS meaningless end of season game that could not dislodge the Yachtsmen from third place nor prevent Wanderers' relegation, was a quite entertaining spectacle that allowed the fans to run the rule over some of Trafford Park's promising teenagers.
Wroxham 4, Ipswich Wanderers 2
THIS meaningless end of season game that could not dislodge the Yachtsmen from third place nor prevent Wanderers' relegation, was a quite entertaining spectacle that allowed the fans to run the rule over some of Trafford Park's promising teenagers.
However, it was the old faithful Ben Thompson who came on in the second half to rescue his team from an embarrassing draw.
Danny White, who has been linked with Cambridge City for next season, opened Wroxham's account ion the 14th minute, but Jamie Barber levelled before Andy Key lobbed the keeper to put his side in front by the break.
You may also want to watch:
Lee McGlone put the visitors on level terms again, then on came Thompson to bag a brace of goals that ended Wroxham's season on a winning note.
On the downside the Trafford Park upper hierarchy have yet to discover volunteers to fill the secretary's and fixture secretary's vacant positions.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 5 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 6 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 9 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
Applications should be addressed to Tom Jarrett, Wroxham Football Club, Trafford Park, Skinners Lane, Wroxham, NR12 8SJ.