Tag rugby dates
North Walsham Vikings' half term tag rugby programme has been announced.Dates: February 12 and 13 (individual days), North Walsham Rugby Club, open to Year 4 to Year 6 pupils (boys and girls).
North Walsham Vikings' half term tag rugby programme has been announced.
Dates: February 12 and 13 (individual days), North Walsham Rugby Club, open to Year 4 to Year 6 pupils (boys and girls).
The Viking Learning Centre team (part of Children's Services, Norfolk County Council) and North Walsham Rugby Club will be delivering two individual tag rugby days during the February half term.
The aims of the days are to offer young people an introduction to tag rugby; develop their movement skills and to have an enjoyable experience.
The content of each day is:
• Tag rugby coaching
- 1 Town centre toilets to close for six weeks
- 2 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 3 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 5 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 6 Road closures in place for north Norfolk marathon
- 7 Artist donates painting to fund in memory of Cromer teenager
- 8 Couple put 'TARDIS' home with 'amazing' sea views up for sale for £475k
- 9 Council leader offers to end feud with his local MP
- 10 £150 energy rebates being paid out across north Norfolk
• Team work and problem solving
• SAQ (a physical programme designed to improve movement skills)
The cost of the programme is £25 a day. Tutors/coaches are either qualified teachers or CRB checked. The course will be led by qualified RFU coaches and first team players.
Each day starts at 10am and finishes at 4pm; however parents are able to drop off from 9am and collect pupils at 5pm, as the club will be open and staff present between these hours. This needs to be indicated on the relevant medical/consent form.
No experience of playing rugby is required.
For more information please contact Mark Scott (programme leader): Mobile 07788 567 999 or email email@example.com.
To register contact Lorraine Crabb, Study Support Team on 01603 222 458 or download the relevant forms from www.nwrfc.co.uk then click on the Viking Learning Centre page and open the half term holiday forms.
All completed forms and cheque must be returned by February 4 to Lorraine Crabb, Study Support Team, Room 117, County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich NR1 2DL.
Please make cheque payable to Norfolk County Council and on the reverse please write Viking Learning Centre, North Walsham.
Please note places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.