Sunday campaign opens with century
BRADFIELD started their Sunday League campaign in fine style with a commanding win over Kirkley.Making use of fine batting conditions, Bradfield's openers rattled the score up to 50 in the first 10 overs with Grapes (47) looking in fine form supported well by new signing Botwright (13).
BRADFIELD started their Sunday League campaign in fine style with a commanding win over Kirkley.
Making use of fine batting conditions, Bradfield's openers rattled the score up to 50 in the first 10 overs with Grapes (47) looking in fine form supported well by new signing Botwright (13). Bidewell (68) and Carter (25) together carried on the good start scoring at six an over. Carter perished looking to go big. Wiseman launched an aggressive assault on the struggling Kirkley bowlers, smashing a superb century including six sixes and 11 fours. Young T J Wiseman (10 no) supported well leaving Carl Wiseman 106 not out, Bradfield finishing on 287-4
Kirkley's reply started well with Hunter smashing a quick 43 before gloving a sharp delivery from A Kimber behind. Kirkley's batsmen were then always behind the high run rate with Abbs (2-35) and Yarham (1-21) bowling tight lines and Reynolds (2-14) picking up two late wickets, leaving Kirkley 185-8 at the close.
Lees Flooring MoM: Carl Wiseman 106 not out.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 2 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 5 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 9 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor