Sunday campaign opens with century
BRADFIELD started their Sunday League campaign in fine style with a commanding win over Kirkley.Making use of fine batting conditions, Bradfield's openers rattled the score up to 50 in the first 10 overs with Grapes (47) looking in fine form supported well by new signing Botwright (13).
BRADFIELD started their Sunday League campaign in fine style with a commanding win over Kirkley.
Making use of fine batting conditions, Bradfield's openers rattled the score up to 50 in the first 10 overs with Grapes (47) looking in fine form supported well by new signing Botwright (13). Bidewell (68) and Carter (25) together carried on the good start scoring at six an over. Carter perished looking to go big. Wiseman launched an aggressive assault on the struggling Kirkley bowlers, smashing a superb century including six sixes and 11 fours. Young T J Wiseman (10 no) supported well leaving Carl Wiseman 106 not out, Bradfield finishing on 287-4
Kirkley's reply started well with Hunter smashing a quick 43 before gloving a sharp delivery from A Kimber behind. Kirkley's batsmen were then always behind the high run rate with Abbs (2-35) and Yarham (1-21) bowling tight lines and Reynolds (2-14) picking up two late wickets, leaving Kirkley 185-8 at the close.
Lees Flooring MoM: Carl Wiseman 106 not out.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 4 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 5 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 6 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 7 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 8 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 9 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England