Success and sponsors for Cromer Youth teams
A group of six- and seven-year-olds had a double dose of joy when they sported their new football kit and played their first ever match.
The youngsters from Cromer Youth under-sevens gathered at Northrepps on Saturday March 17 in their new yellow kit, sponsored by phone, broadband and mobile provider TalkTalk.
The company, which gave enough money to provide a complete kit for each player, will sponsor the squad for the next 12 months.
Coach Barry Foulser said: 'I have up to 20 children, including five girls, who train with me each week and the fact that they now have a new kit to play in means so much to them all.
'It also means that more friendly games can be arranged to be played before the busy tournament season kicks off in May. A massive thank you to TalkTalk for their valuable contribution in allowing these children to look the part in grassroots football.'
You may also want to watch:
Head of fundraising Sharon Laws said: 'The under-sevens have been looking forward to having their own kit for a long time, and it's great to see them looking so well turned out.
'As a club run entirely by volunteers, we rely heavily on fundraising and sponsorship to keep the club going so we're really grateful to TalkTalk for this much needed financial support.'
- 1 Community group asked to clarify where legal damages paid by council will go
- 2 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 3 Strong winds batter coast - but fears of flooding avoided
- 4 'If they move us to tier one we'll open' - businesses prepare for tier two restrictions
- 5 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 6 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 7 Housing group scoops award for affordable scheme
- 8 Potential delays as boat mould moved along Norfolk's roads
- 9 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 10 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
Tristia Clarke, commercial director at TalkTalk, said: 'Investing locally allows us to bring our great value offers to even more families in the area and we are proud to be supporting Cromer Youth Football Club.'
The news came as Cromer Youth Under-10 Lions celebrated winning the league championship.