Success and sponsors for Cromer Youth teams
A group of six- and seven-year-olds had a double dose of joy when they sported their new football kit and played their first ever match.
The youngsters from Cromer Youth under-sevens gathered at Northrepps on Saturday March 17 in their new yellow kit, sponsored by phone, broadband and mobile provider TalkTalk.
The company, which gave enough money to provide a complete kit for each player, will sponsor the squad for the next 12 months.
Coach Barry Foulser said: 'I have up to 20 children, including five girls, who train with me each week and the fact that they now have a new kit to play in means so much to them all.
'It also means that more friendly games can be arranged to be played before the busy tournament season kicks off in May. A massive thank you to TalkTalk for their valuable contribution in allowing these children to look the part in grassroots football.'
You may also want to watch:
Head of fundraising Sharon Laws said: 'The under-sevens have been looking forward to having their own kit for a long time, and it's great to see them looking so well turned out.
'As a club run entirely by volunteers, we rely heavily on fundraising and sponsorship to keep the club going so we're really grateful to TalkTalk for this much needed financial support.'
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
Tristia Clarke, commercial director at TalkTalk, said: 'Investing locally allows us to bring our great value offers to even more families in the area and we are proud to be supporting Cromer Youth Football Club.'
The news came as Cromer Youth Under-10 Lions celebrated winning the league championship.