Sting in the tail for Wheeler
ON a sunny autumn morning eight time trialists and organisers met, despite cold limbs and an early start, to complete another 10 mile time trial.The event was not without its drama, when Nick Poulter had to withdraw from the race when a wasp stung him in the mouth.
ON a sunny autumn morning eight time trialists and organisers met, despite cold limbs and an early start, to complete another 10 mile time trial.
The event was not without its drama, when Nick Poulter had to withdraw from the race when a wasp stung him in the mouth.
Meanwhile North Norfolk Wheelers have been competing in open races. In the CC Breckland 50, Graham Davison put in a personal best of 2hr, 4min 10sec and Lawrence Wright completed his first ever attempt at this distance in an excellent 2-07:57. Dave Griffiths put in a season personal best to finish the East Anglian CC 10 in 26:07.
The season is now coming to an end with just two more Wheelers Sunday morning time trials and the last of the open events.
You may also want to watch:
Time then for a well-earned rest for everyone before the winter training schedules start.
Sunday, September 20 10mile time trial.
- 1 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 2 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 3 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 4 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 5 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 6 Welcome to our new website
- 7 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 8 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
Actual Times: Bailey 24:12, Doresett/Knowles (2-up) 24:17. Spencer 25:58, Griffiths 26:59. Findlay 27:45, Brown 28:10, Laws 28:56.
Handicap Times: Brown 21:14, Spencer 21:56, Findlay 21:45, Griffiths 21:46, Bailey 22:35.
Breckland CC Open 50 mile time trial: Davison 2-04:10 (pb), Wright 2-07:57, Rush 2-20:00.
East Anglian CC Open 10 mile time trial: Bailey 23:24, Turner 24:06, Griffiths 26:07 (spb), Findlay 27:38.