Sterry Cup race coming to the boil
Tuesday night saw three north Norfolk challengers for Sterry Cup honours in action in crunch Anglian Combination Premier Division games.And it was good news all round for North Walsham, Cromer and Wroxham Reserves who all secured victories and three vital points on home turf.
Tuesday night saw three north Norfolk challengers for Sterry Cup honours in action in crunch Anglian Combination Premier Division games.
And it was good news all round for North Walsham, Cromer and Wroxham Reserves who all secured victories and three vital points on home turf.
Leaders Walsham extended their lead over second-placed Beccles after beating them 1-0 in a crucial top-of-the-table battle. The Suffolk side does have three games in hand on the Angels, however.
Wroxham Reserves leapt up the table from fifth to third with a 3-1 win over lowly St Andrews.
You may also want to watch:
And Cromer hosted Blofield and won 2-1 which sees them move up from eighth to seventh. They have played five games fewer than Walsham.
With a very tight table, every point is precious now in the run-in to the end of the season.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 6 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England