Star tie for Aldborough
Having won through to the first round proper of the Bernard Matthews Cup, Aldborough have been drawn against East Anglian Premier League club Great Witchingham who boast such local cricketing luminaries as Carl Rogers, Sam Arthurton and James Spelman amongst their players.
Aldborough hope to give them a good game, and it should make for a really eventful evening of cricket.
It would be really good for them to have support as they face up to the cream of Norfolk cricket with a good chance to see some top-grade cricket on The Green.
The public is invited to go and enjoy the spectacle.
It is tonight (Thursday) at 6pm. If the weather is fine, there will be a barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
n Aldborough amassed a huge total of 355-8 in Mid Norfolk Sunday League Division Three on Sunday.
A stand of 267 for the second wicket between Nathan Perry-Warnes (157) and Troy Allan (137) won the game for The Greens as Quebec could only make 185 all out in reply. Last season's young player of the year, Ashley Moakes, returned figures of 3-30 off 10 overs.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 9 Old railway sign to go under the hammer
- 10 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
The first team had a week off due to an odd number of teams in their division and the second eleven were beaten by Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers A in Division Four of the Norfolk League.