Star tie for Aldborough
Having won through to the first round proper of the Bernard Matthews Cup, Aldborough have been drawn against East Anglian Premier League club Great Witchingham who boast such local cricketing luminaries as Carl Rogers, Sam Arthurton and James Spelman amongst their players.
Aldborough hope to give them a good game, and it should make for a really eventful evening of cricket.
It would be really good for them to have support as they face up to the cream of Norfolk cricket with a good chance to see some top-grade cricket on The Green.
The public is invited to go and enjoy the spectacle.
It is tonight (Thursday) at 6pm. If the weather is fine, there will be a barbecue.
n Aldborough amassed a huge total of 355-8 in Mid Norfolk Sunday League Division Three on Sunday.
A stand of 267 for the second wicket between Nathan Perry-Warnes (157) and Troy Allan (137) won the game for The Greens as Quebec could only make 185 all out in reply. Last season's young player of the year, Ashley Moakes, returned figures of 3-30 off 10 overs.
- 1 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 2 Stunning bee-eaters draw over 5,000 bird watchers to north Norfolk coast
- 3 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 4 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 5 Historic town centre shop could become home
- 6 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 7 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 8 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 9 Feuding local leaders meet - but both leave unsatisfied
- 10 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
The first team had a week off due to an odd number of teams in their division and the second eleven were beaten by Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers A in Division Four of the Norfolk League.